508d falsing python 991/574? viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kbrickman 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone. First post here.

Ive installed a python 574 2-way LC3 system into my vehicle successfully. It functions as it should except for an insane amount of falsing that i get from my 508D proximity sensor. It is currently under my center console oriented as it should be. Ive researched before i posted and found a few  different things but nothing conclusional. I have my sensors wired up like this:

doubleguard shock sensor in sensor port 1 - functions as it should

508D proximity sensor in sensor port 2 - unplugged right now due to falsing when it is in

507m tilt sensor

DEI battery backup

Both the tilt sensor and battery backup are wired with 12v constant, ground when armed inputs spliced into orange ground when armed output of main unit, and blue instant trigger wires into the hoodpin switch which is normally open.

I did not have this problem during testing last night when i set it all up. But now my car is in the parking lot and is triggering warn away every 5 -20 seconds until i unplug the 508d.

During my research i found a few people saying that each sensor that is not plugged into a sensor port must be diode isolated. Mine are not. Could this be triggering a warn away response, even though the problematic sensor IS plugged into a sensor port?

I appreciate the help! Also, it is pretty cold out today - low 30s and snowing.

kbrickman 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry. It is a 2003 chevrolet cavalier 5 speed.

No issues with remote start function.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
prox sensors are very hard to setup correctly. I would just discard the thing, and use the tilt sensor.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kbrickman 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
Now that im home i plugged it back in and armed it. I haven't had any falsing.
What conditions could have changed?
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
There are thousands of things that could have changed (and cause the proximity sensor to change as well). Some of these include air temperature, humidity, moisture in the air, wind, etc. That is why the proximity sensors are so hard to program properly. You are also better off mounting the sensor above the headliner... it will be a little more reliable.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
kbrickman 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
I thought the reviews i saw suggested they were pretty reliable. Oops lol.
I suppose i could try moving it.
Do we know what the factory adjustment does?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
Yes we do thanks and you don't touch it!
Mount the prox in the roof lining, bet anything you have keys, coins or maybe a water bottle in the console above it. They will all trigger it.
Next do you park up close to your residence or if apartment block is someone using a microwave cooker when it triggers if so that oven needs replacing, it leaks!
Lastly I'm in complete disagreement with Ted for once, I wouldn't go within a mile of a 507, hateful, false alarming devices.
kbrickman 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for everyones help!
I live in a rental home with a good size property to myself. At home the 508d functions great. Even now it is armed in my driveway (WITH btw a good amount of change in the cupholder =p) and is behaving very well.
I hope my 507m continues to function as it should!
Ill see if i have the same trouble in the parking lot tomorrow. Maybe it was the snow falling?
birdman41 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
So this parking lot where all the false alarming is occurring..is it near an airport? Have you adjusted the sensitivity on zone one? I found that on rare occasions when my vehicle is parked at my parents house it will start warn away falsing. They live right by an airport. I have often wondered if signals from the tower or aircraft interfere and trip sensor. Sounds funky I know but it only happens at their house..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic