icon

viper responder le 2 way door lock/unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
azarkhan 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  
I got this remote starter as a gift.Viper 4204 and I am having trouble installing in my wife's 2006 sienna.
Remote start works, door unlock work fine but lock function does not work. Horn honks but no sign of motor click.
I hook up blue unlock and green cable for locking according to 12 volts wiring diagram. Light green for lock and blue for unlock.
If i switch the wires than lock works and unlock doesn't.
Green harness from remote starter supplies 3.5v and blue supplies about 0.5 volts. I am not sure how it is going to work.
I saw the lock diagram for toyota/lexus but sienna is not listed there.
Can someone guide me to right direction?
Thanks
viper responder le 2 way door lock/unlock -- posted image.
Azar Khan
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  
When you switch lock/unlock from the unit to the vehicle wiring do they perform the same function?
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged  
Have you tested the vehicle wires to make sure you have the correct wires?
I would also diode the lock wires from the Viper and then make sure your power and grounds are correct, measure the voltage.
Also does keysense wire figure into this vehicle?
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
Lock=red yellow
unlock=green   at bcm.
check the plug (lock-unlock from viper) and wires may be they are cut.
azarkhan 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, when I switch the harness from the unit to vehicle wiring Lock start working and unlock does not work.
---
I have tested wires from vehicle however I do not know if they are correct. Voltage measure changes when key is used in lock or lock/unlock button from door is used. I will test them tonight again and provide the measurement to you guys but what I remember from last night that both (if they are correct)light green (lock) and blue (unlock) from vehicle wiring, rest at ground. Can you please give me some reference to which diode configuration I use? How should I try keysense wire figure into this vehicle, can you please give me a link or reference? Thank you.
---
I will try Lock=red yellow and unlock=green at bcm.
One more problem is that I am not able to identify body control module. What I see under the dash is a white or light yellow color junction box with few diodes, few horizontal plugs (with may wires) going into it. Towards left of junction box is three rectangular vertical boxes with lots of wires. If I see from bottom, under the junction box is the fuse box attached to it.I like to know which of these is the BCM? I checked RS lock/unlock harness with Multimeter for connectivity. They are good. Thanks for being helpful.
-----    
RS did not came with installation guide but with wire reference guide and user manual.
In wire reference these (GREEN/ blue) are labeled as:
Green: Lock (-) 500 mA output
Blue: Unlock (-) 500 mA output
I measure the volt on each of them. Both rest at ground, Unlock (blue) when I press RS unlock button gives 0.5 v, lock (green) with lock button pressed supplies 3.5 v.
Azar Khan
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
You would get better results without using a DMM.
Use a 12Volt test light such as Snap-On or make one with a spare light bulb, one side to a good ground the other to the suspect wire, this should lock and unlock the vehicle. At this point ignore the DMM readings you're getting and just wire up your green and blue to the TESTED FOR and VERIFIED wires on the vehicle.
azarkhan 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you all of you guys.
You have been very helpful. I am able to make correct connections and its working. However I had change the brain since the output for doors for lock/unlock had problem. Once I had this exchanged brain everything worked. I could not hook up the any status output so If the vehicle is parked somewhere on doors lock/unlock lights should blink and on remote start parking lights should light up.
Which wires should I hook to make it work. I could not find flasher relay in the vehicle.
Azar Khan
pts760 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
If you're talking about hooking up the parking lights as conformation ( I can't really follow what you are saying) grab (-) GREEN/ black at the p.light switch. This wire should read ground on your DMM/prower probe when you turn the p.lights on. Here's a link for the wiring:
2006 Toyota Sienna
I drink current, eat ohms, and bleed voltage

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic