the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

compustar ez go

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
I'm looking at completely redoing the alarm/remote start setup in my STI and I'm going to be switching it all over to Compustar (currently running a Python 991). I was looking at going with the Drone Mobile as my main remote (then probably pick up a basic 1 way remote for whenever I need it). But i have a few quick questions.
1) Is the Drone 2 way capable?
2) I was looking at also getting the EZ Go add-on for the proximity locks. The question I have with this is, does the EZ go ONLY do locks, or does it have an additional output? The reason I ask is that I will also be doing a full RFID push button start in the car at the same time I switch out the alarm/starter. If there was an additional output from the EZ Go, I could use this to trigger a timed output to enable a basic push button start system, and not have to get the RFID push button start system since the EZ go would basically do just that.
3) I saw in a previous post that Ted mentioned something about activating the international 2 way mode and it enabled proximity lock and unlock. How exactly does this work? I can't seem to find any documentation on the international 2 way mode other than "1-14 Auto Lock Mode – This option must be set for the Auto Mode on 2 Way international remotes to function."
Thanks once again guys. I want to get this entire setup planned way in advance since I know come install time its going to be hell with getting the factory ignition switch out and I'd rather have everything electrical figured out... and keep it as simple as possible to limit the possibilities for failure.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
1) yes
2) the easy go is an antenna only. Plugs into you antenna port on starter/alam. Will work lock/unlock and trunk. will only trigger unlok with imity. Have to use button on proximity remote for lock and trunk.
3) not sure
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
1) yes
2) FT- EZGO will only do lock/unlock by prox or pressing buttons on the   rfid remote. Im not aware of any additional outputs as it just connects with the FT-Controller that is currently installed.
3) Only dealers will get documentation to stuff like this. This only works with certain remotes that are 900FM or 433FM remotes. As mentioned, this is the "international" 2 way remote. Some regions do not have this feature due to FCC ID regulations. Technically each system has it, but as a dealer you can follow a certain process to get it to function. The way it works: you turn on the feature on the controller, on the remote (for example the 2w9000fm) you hold the lock button and an icon AUTO1 will appear. there is Auto 1(~50Ft),2(30Ft),3(10Ft) and each will specify lock/unlock distance. This information is not published as it was region specific. Luckily in Canada, we get the international 2way remotes defaulted, but still programmed off on the controller. If you park in the garage and your keys are less than 10ft from the car, it will Lock as you walk away, unlock, then relock as the remote is still in range. The benefit is if it unlocks 2 times within 30 seconds, the unlock is disable via prox, and will only work by pressing unlock on the remote. The remote pings the system ever 5 seconds to check distance, but battery is not compromised which is a great thing.
If you need a 2way international remote Kenny, shoot me a PM and I can send one your way. Btw, pm me as I have new flash files for you. I found a minor bug in the previous update.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
You have a PM
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
offroadzj 
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
If the EZ GO has a button for trunk that is easy to access (not through function buttons) I can either use that directly if it is a programmable timed output, or connect it to a timed relay. Basically I activate the output to provide a ground to the universal PTS module. I would rather do RFID PTS but that will save quite a bit of money.
So does the EZ GO do lock and unlock through proximity for sure? Also, is there def. a trunk output and is it programmable for a timed output? I'm assuming it just activates the compustar trunk output which from what I understand only has a maxed timed output of 2 seconds... any other options for a longer output by the trunk release button???
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2012 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Unlock only for proximity
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
simple solution: Use one of the POC 1-9 that is unused, changed it to option 9 DOME LIGHT, use the op500 change the setting 3-02 option 3 and when you unlock, you will have a max 45second window to start the car. If its after 45 seconds, the car will no longer start, and will auto lock at 2minutes (assuming you set re-lock for 2 minutes) or have passive lock on.
another option is use aux 1 and and set the timed "window" you have to allow a start feature in conjunction with unlock. I have done many custom applications with the compustar brain, so there isn't much that i haven't seen or done.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic