icon

viper 1400xp problem code 3 low or no rpm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
98k15004x4 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
So i've had this installed and working for about 5 years now with no issues, but recently i was doing some body work etc so the battery was disconnected for about 5 months. Now the car is back on the road and the lock and unlock features work fine but the remote start does not. When i activate it the lights come on, and then immediately shut off, does this 3 times and then nothing. I check the onboard system diag thing and it gave me a code 3 for low or no rpm. So i started the car, relearned the tach and still nothing. put key in ignition and turned it on to run and tried to remote start still does the same thing. its acting like its detecting some fault and shutting right off. Tried toggling the neutral safety and when that is on it wont do anything at all no lights or anything. Any one got any ideas?
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

during the body work period, did the hood pin switch get broke/disconnected/grounded?

if it is grounded, you may get the results you are getting ...it need to NOT be grounded to start.

also what about the neutral safety switch? it need to be ground to start.

yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
98k15004x4 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
i disconnected the hood pin switch and check the ground on the neutral safety
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  

if your inline neutral switch is bad, that could be a problem..... never seen it happen but i guess it could. maybe DVM the switch terminals to be sure.

yuk
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
there is also a (tiny) gray/black wire that is used for applications for deisel engines as a "wait to start" signal for warming the glow plugs. if that wire finds ground it wont start. BUT i think it would sit there 10 or so seconds with the ignition on before it gave up.
yuk
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

i went to my car and held the brake down while i tried to remote start it(Viper 550ESP) and nothing at all happened, no lights, noise, nothing.

then i let off the brake and put the car (93 roadmistress wagon) in reverse and hit the remote start.

park lights flashed once and the ignition relays clicked on and instantly off. then nothing else happened.

hope this can help ya.

what kind of car do you have this system in?

yuk
98k15004x4 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2012 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  
hmmm thats what mine is doing, i will have to double check the neutral safety again. its in a monte carlo 02

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic