icon

suppliers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lvflyer 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2012 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure what forum this belongs in, but I am finding my suppliers are not maintaining a sufficient amount of stock these days. Is there a major distributor like those that supply Crutchfield and other online outfits? Seems they always can undercut prices that make us constantly have to lose out. Anyone use the AudioClub outfit that charges for access to distributors? Where can a small business get product from one location for a complete install without running into no stock or not available. Seems we have to buy from 3 suppliers to complete one install with shipping costs cutting into the profits. In your opinion what should a small car audio business in a small midwest city with a population of 200k be able to net in profit per week all things considered?
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2012 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  

Try moving to Canada where we've had that problems for years, and add out of market retailers/wholesellers that will sell well under your cost.   You have to learn to anticipate and plan ahead.  We had good relations with shops in our area so we could "borrow" what things we needed instantly, and lend as needed.................

Beating online retailers can be done, but you have to learn price is not always the key.  We charged more for installing product that were bought online, and warrenty is not your problem.  In a town not much larger 10 year ago there were 13 shops, after last weeks fire we are down to 3.

Learn how to be compedative and buy right.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2012 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
Your problem is called the recession.
The reason is wholesaler money tied up in stock which is no longer fast moving. Or rather NOT loosing that money in stock which is no longer fast moving.
I'm semi-retired, buy as a one off (pay up front) but I deal with a major UK company (next day delivery) which is the equivalent of say Metra and DEI rolled up together, 2 years ago they wouldn't have entertained me for orders of less than $1000 at a time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic