icon

06 accord and 12 maxima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sean11901 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

hi im installing a remote start in both a 06 accord and 12 maxima.

now with the honda i got a ads-DLSL HA and in the guide it says nothing about the starter or acc wires going to the igniition. now i know normally it says all the heavy guage wires and "required--->" next to it but the only thing it is saying is to put the starter wire fromthe remote start to the module. ive never encountered this before as you can tell i do not install as many starters as most of you do out there. if anyone could give me some pointers that would be highly appreciated.

also on the maxima the same thing applies here. i am using a Evo-Can for this remote start installation and i remeber doing my g35 PTS and i had to hook up the acc wire on the bcm but on this guide it is saying not to. please correct me if im wrong.

Thank you for any input!

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
On the Honda and the iDatalink module: Some of the iDatalink installation guides show all the connections for a complete installation from the remote starter to the car, whereas others just show how to hook up the module, and leave you to work out the remote-starter portion yourself.
In your case, it's the second of the above two options. You'll still connect the wires for constant, ignition, starter, accessory, parking lights, and ground from the remote starter to the car
On the 2012 Maxima: What's the Hardware and Firmware version on the module you have? And which installation guide did you print out? One of them says something like "simplified installation---firmware 4.0 or above required" and the other says "regular installation---firmware 3.0 or lower" or something like that.
In either case, the Fortin guide will show you how to do the complete installation, including the connections from the remote starter.
If you already did a G35 with PTS, well, the Maxima has the same electrical system, just with the BCM, interior fuse box, and underhood fuse box in different locations (and with different wire colors), but all the wiring is pretty much the same.
So, going back to Fortin's site, if you print out the older (firmware 3.0) guide for the Maxima, it'll remind you a lot of the install you did before on your G35.
On the other hand, the new, simplified installation is far easier and far less intrusive to the car.....but it will 100% definitely not work if your module is old. So be sure to check your module hardware/firmware before starting the installation.
sean11901 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

ok thanks alot for the clarification on those few things. on my g35 i used an idatalink piece and i know with the fortin 4.0 firmware which i have for the maxima is quite different since it is the new simplified installation.

i now understand everything. thanks again!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic