icon

alarm/remote start 2011 gmc savana

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spark480 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2012 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have a remote start wiring diagram for a 2011 GMC Savana.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2012 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  

Here is the info from Bulldog Security :  http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/printpage.asp?ModelID=20392&MakeID=20

DEI also lists this vehicle at :  http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?make=GMC&model=Savana

Soldering is fun!
spark480 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2012 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

I have just installed a alarm/remote start on a 2011 GMC Savana and the security works fine and one thing I can't figure out is where the starter wire output hooks up for remote start, or is the start process done thru data If so does that include starter kill? remote start unit is a OMEGA  Excalibur -al-2030-edpb.

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2012 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

Which bypass module did you use?

Soldering is fun!
spark480 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2012 at 4:30 AM / IP Logged  
Blade AL omega. If it does handle remote start will it also do starter kill.
kreg357 
Posted: March 09, 2012 at 6:02 AM / IP Logged  

No.  The Blade AL flashed with Blade ALDL-GM3 will handle a lot more than just the bypass.  Did you get the ADS RNG GM3 also?

The van has built in anti-grind but an actual "starter kill" circuit is not a function of the bypass module ( Blade ).  That would have to be wired up manually and being as the vehicle does not have a typical "Starter" wire at the ignition switch, somewhat more complicated. 

Here is some info from DEI on the Starter wire for a "Starter Kill" circuit :

Starter        Purple (for starter kill only) (+)         Starter or underhood fuse box, Light Gray 56 pin plug, pin E1

Soldering is fun!
spark480 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2012 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
I did order ADS RNG GM3 I will be installing the part as soon as it comes in. This ignition seems a bit more secure from thieves than i thought maybe I will skip starter kill. So technically someone would have to open hood to get at starter wires to start van. Do you know if module kills fuel pump when armed?
kreg357 
Posted: March 09, 2012 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  

Using the ADS RNG GM3 will prevent any dead battery issues.  Did the dealer flash the Blade-Al

with the correct ( GM3 ) firmware for you?

Many installers don't bother with Starter Kill any more.  An alarm system plus the ignition

immobilizer system is usually enough.  The Blade does not kill the fuel pump while the Omega
is armed.  ( Cutting fuel pump power can be a liability issue.)

Just follow the Type 2 Blade install instructions from the #7346 install guide.

Soldering is fun!
spark480 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
I flashed the Blade-Al with loader and and installed the alarm. Everything works fine on security side. I am just waiting for ADS RNG GM3 since it was backordered.So I will test remote start when part comes in. I appreciate all the help you have given me to understand the remote start portion of this install. It has helped me greatly.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic