icon

2006 honda s2000 remote starter issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nismo542 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2012 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

I recently installed a python 991 on an 06 s2000 using 556u bypass.

approx. 1 out of 10 times the engine turns over but fails to start.  The engine attempts to start but the start error is received on the key fob.

this RS install was a replacement for an older viper 2-way security that was already on the car.

all connections are correct and soldered.  i did find an extra ignition that had to be used that wasn't on the tech sheet, i dont remeber the color though.

although i have installed a hundered (give-or-take) RS over the past 10 years, this was m first s2000 and dealing with the push to start button type ignition.

anybody have insight on this starting issue? 

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2012 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
I've done a few s2000 and they are pretty easy. The issue I noticed you have to program the tach at a high rev count. The standard crank time isn't long enough to get the car to start. Also, why use a 556u when there are tons of data solutions available? The fortin Honda sl3 is only a few dollars more than the 556u
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
nismo542 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2012 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

i used a 556u due to amount of time to do install and ease of use.  i stopped professional install at a shop in 2005 so i havent had a lot of exposure to all the newer bypass modules.  i have done a few with pkall and they were a pain.  556u is a no brainer and my buddy has a key to give up.

so you say that i need to set tach at a higher rpm or extend crank time OR both?

tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2012 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
I say program tach at a higher rev count. Try a Honda sl3 it's as simple as it gets to program and wire. Plus no keys are lost
Ted
Compustar Expert
nismo542 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2012 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  

how much higher than idle rpm?  never had to do that.  just give a little gas while setting tach?

may look into other modules in the future.  i only do probably 2 per RS per year now, and thats just for friends and the fun of it, not for profit.

tedmond 
Posted: March 06, 2012 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
That specific car idles on a cold start at 2k revs. 1500-1800 revs are ideal.
Ted
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic