viper 5904 on prado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
amanj7 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2012 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
My car: Land Cruiser PRADO 2008 VX.
My product: Viper 5904 remote starter + motion detection sensor.
The 5904 manual is not much informative as the other models like 5902, 5701, ...
So depending on those manuals They connected the wires to my car, but there were no signals coming out from the viper (although there were tickling sounds when giving order from the remote control), and the LED went solid, I realized that it went into VALET mode!
Viper dealer said that I should buy DBALL to be connected to the viper too, to work.
I realized that this DBALL is much like a transponder bypass, and I don't care much about the remote starter (if I need to start my prado remotely, I will leave original key in position), but I care about the other features of the Viper!!
Is it necessary to have DBALL to solve the problem? Or just to connect the wires of the viper without DBALL, and then to exit the valet mode by the special maneuver (but I don't know this for the viper on prado 2008).
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2012 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
Well the alarm portion should still work without the DBALL. the dball CAN do the bypass as well as door locks and door pin sensors etc for the alarm but it can all still be done without the dball if you intend to leave the key in for remote starting but I STRONGLY recommend just getting the dball installed. If your installer is an authorized dealer they should be knowledgeable enough to do the install..
Gary Sather
amanj7 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your advice,
There is no authorized dealer in Iraq, that's why I depend on others..!
So .. How can I exit VALET mode of my viper..?!
Regards.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Read the instructions!
amanj7 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2012 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Howie II,
We already did the connection to the vehicle, the problem was: no signal from the viper.
The manual of 5904 is just two pages, not informative like other models like 5701, 5901, ...
And I have already searched for the wiring, I couldn't find (viper 5904 on PRADO)!
If anyone know the link for wiring diagram of viper on prado!
Appreciates.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
Look in the Downloads/Manuals section. I've just entered the info as:-
5904 installation guide.
08 Land Cruiser.
Some points.
For the door triggers use the wire that says dome light although you won't need dome light supervision.
Lights. Go to the rear of the Hazard flasher switch ground each lead through a meter, one lead whilst grounded will give you the Hazards, set your lights on the 5904 as NEG and wire the 5904 white wire to that wire.
North America uses lights, the rest of the world uses indicators.
amanj7 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2012 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
That manual was great.
As I said no one (engineers) can do it here, although I am a doctor I will do it by my self. With your supports.
Some points;
1. Before connecting to the car, I will prepare lights for the outputs and electrical switchs for the inputs (as virtual car wires), is that possible?
2. As I read the manual, I have found that some of the wires not required to be connected, but I want to be sure. Could you tell me which of them are not necessary to be connected?
3. I don't understand some points in the manual like (initializing virtual tach, and learning the tach)!!
Appreciates.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2012 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
1) No, easier to install then test.
2) You need to do the above then list what you've connected it to and what you haven't connected.
I can't do it for you.
3) You won't be using virtual tach, only tach if yo install as a remote start.
There's a work -round with no available by-passes but that's only relevant if you're going for a remote start. Are you?
One batch of people who could have easily installed this for you left your country some months ago, the other lot with the means and ability live a few hundred miles to the west of you.
You've unfortunately had 10 years as a country with little technical education.
amanj7 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2012 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
You mean that I can get the other functions of the viper without connecting the 10 pin harnes of the remote starter!!
But still there will be no signals, that's why I want to try with switches and light to do any work-arounds if needed..!
That gonna be a very good idea if I could find an expert near to me. The best place is Turkey, I can easily go there. Or where are they?
Appreciates.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2012 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
What do you mean by "still there will be no signals"??
Romania
Bulgaria
Israel
Possibly Greece
Possibly now in the Gulf States
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic