further programming for ultrstart u1280

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arch stanton 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2012 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  

Hello

I am looking for further programming instructions for the Ultrastart U1280pro. I have had it for a year and yesterday the system would not unlock or start it just kept the parking lights on so I pulled the 30A fuse and it reset it self to factory defaults.

In the owners manual it does not give instructions to program it without the horn sounding off and the doors locking and unlocking when the vehicle is turned on and off. I also had it programme for a double tap of the remote for starting.

Any help would sure be appreciated. I took it back to the place that installed it and they did not even want to mess with it.

Thanks

Joe

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,790
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2012 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Joe,

Just pulling the fuses usually doesn't reset the Ultra Start systems to factory defaults.  Here is a link to the install guide for

your system :  http://www.ultrastarters.com/Feature_Sheets/80_Series/MAN-80-Series-INSTALL-REV-2008.pdf

The System Reset is on Page 6.  The programming tables start on Page 7 and the actual programming steps start on Page 15.

The selectable relay output and the FOB's should remain programmed after a System Reset.

The horn, parking lights and antenna LEDs are very helpful during the programming process.

Soldering is fun!
arch stanton 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

That is what I needed

Thank you

Joe

arch stanton 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well i got everything needed except I cant get the horn to turn off its like it wont go into the second settings. Way to hard to use
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2012 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

Everyone has their R/S brand preferences.  You should try programming a Compustar or Viper with the remotes...  ( Thats why they

sell BitWriters and the OP-500 Programmer.)   I have found the Ultra Start programming one of the easiest.  Just knowing when to
press the antenna button and when to hold the button is the hard part for me.

Mode 1, Setting 2, Option 1 should turn of the horn beeps all together.  Mode 2, Setting 3 options will allow horn duration adjustment.

Worst case scenario, you could cut or install a switch in the Brown (-) Horn Output wire ( 4 Pin Plug).

Soldering is fun!
arch stanton 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2012 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
After I am in mode 1 setting 1 I press and hold until it chirps to save the setting Then i press and release but it must not be going into option 2 Then I will try getting it to chirp once for horn off it will usually chirp twice then after that its three times Then I have managed to mess up the first setting I did.
arch stanton 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2012 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

Maybe its the order I am doing this in.

1 Get into programming mode 1

2 press one time get one chirp

3 press and hold to save setting 1

4 press and release to go to setting 2

kreg357 
Posted: March 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

This will turn off the horn confirmation beeps.

1.)  Cycle key OFF to ON three times, leaving it in ON position third time.
2.)  Press Antenna button once. ( Parking Lights come on and horn beeps once.)
3.)  Press Lock button on a programmed remote. ( Gets you into Menu 1)
4.)  Press Antenna button once.  Listen for horn and watch antenna LED to start blinking a one blink pattern. ( Gets you into Menu 1, Setting 1)
5.)  Press Antenna button once.  Listen for horn to beep twice and LED to start doing two blink pattern. ( Gets you into Menu 1, Setting 2)
6.)  Press and hold antenna button.  Listen for horn to beep once, then release antenna button.
7.)  Turn Key to OFF and remove.

At Step 6, if you continued to hold the antenna button, it would cycle thru the available Options for that Menu & Setting location.   Just

release the antenna button when you get to your choice.

Soldering is fun!
arch stanton 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
will do
arch stanton 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  

well it worked I have no idea what sequence I was using.

Thanks again

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic