icon

2006 mustang head unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whuggs1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  

I am replacing my stock head unit in my 2006 mustang with the shaker 500 system and need a litle help on wireing.

I am a little confused on the remote turn on wires from the Metra large plug that came in the 70-5521 kit. I have the voltage regulator to stop the turn on pop and read all the stereo threads I could find. I see the remote wire from the head unit goes to the voltage regulator, but does the blue remote wires from the large Metra plug get connected or used ?

Also since I’m using an aftermarket amp I will need the splice the amp turn on to the head units as well correct ?
Thanks for any help

2006 mustang head unit - Last Post -- posted image.

wysiwyg 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

Is there a white stripe on the blue wire of the large plug?

whuggs1 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Yes there is, there is also a solid blue for antena remote turn on.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
It has been a while for me, but I am pretty sure that the only wire you need to power up is the one on the small harness.
rweld302 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2012 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
So you are removing the shaker 500 HU and replacing it with an aftermarket HU and an aftermarket amp, NOT using the two shaker 500 amps and subs?

The blue wire on the 24 pin connector is not used. The 8 pin connector is not used at all.

If you using the two little shaker 500 amps in the drivers foot area that power the subs in the doors and the aftermarket amp is used else ware?

The blue wire on the 24 pin connector is not used. The blue/white wire on pin 4 of the 8 pin connector needs the remote power from your aftermarket HU with the voltage reducing regulator. The aftermarket amp will need the same remote power from the head unit. Just be sure that the remote power for aftermarket amp is taken between the HU and the voltage regulator and not after the regulator.

On a side note if you have and want to continue to use the 3.5 jack in the console and your aftermarket HU has Aux audio RCA inputs you will need 70-5520AUX.

Also an antenna adaptor will most likely be needed.

whuggs1 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2012 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone for the help. Just wanted to make sure it was right before I installed everything. I'm replacing the HU and keeping the door subs and amps and adding an afermarket amp. Thanks for the reminder on the aftermarket amp turn on goes before the voltage regulator !! Think I did it the wrong way . OOPs

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic