the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

bmw 325ci bypass issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2012 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
bmw 325ci bypass issues - Page 2 -- posted image.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  

took a picture of what i made this morning. does anyone think this will work? i will run this through a relay and im not sure if i should wire it in series or parallel to the two wires from the factory ring.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2012 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
i have never had luck wrapping only the bottle end of the key shaft. I tend to wrap the entire key head, then cover it with electrical tape.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2012 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
An example....
2003 Volkwagen Jetta.
-556U ring alone was not recognized by the car.
-Computran ring worked after a few good wraps.
If you look at the instruction manual of the 556u you will see a page that mentions a method "for european cars" and shows cutting an immnolizer wire and running it in series with the 556 module. That method works perfect.
The Lone issue I had was with a 555B. We installed it the same way with module in series and it worked. Almost a year later the customer stated that she was having problems turning on the car with her key. With the remote start it worked perfect. After testing it we figured out that the relay was getting stuck inside the module and tried a 556U and it worked. It could of been just 1 module that had an issue but I prefer the "Computar better.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: March 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
i have never had luck wrapping only the bottle end of the key shaft. I tend to wrap the entire key head, then cover it with electrical tape.
i should have taken a picture of the back of the key, the wrap mostly covers the spot where the chip is made into the key. i plan to tape it up, i just have it like that so i could get a good picture of what i did. i should be able to install it Wednesday. as for the instructions on the 556u, i dont have any. this was a 556 that we took off of one of our own cars. it worked just fine when it was taken out but maybe it got damaged somehow while it was in the box we keep spare alarm parts in.
ill wire it in series and see what happens. thanks everybody for your help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  
Eric, and I'm sure Tedmund will confirm this, I ONLY specify 556U for Euro cars only without access to later CAN/data based systems.
I always recommend installing it without the loop following the European method.
I also tried the 555F and found it seriously wanting.
Why has sound security gone off the tracks wrapping that key, it's an awfully shoddy method compared to a 556 or the Comp. equivalent.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
by far, the 556u and the compustar CompuTrans work best.
the euro method (tapping right into the immobilizer wires) is the only way to get it working everytime. the ring placement is a pita to do.
and Howie is correct(i agree), the 556U is your best bet. i second that
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
soundnsecurity 
Posted: April 02, 2012 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
just an update, my hand hand bypass worked like a champ. wired the two wires in series with the factory wires and installed a relay to separate them and activated it with the status output and it starts perfectly now. thanks for everyones guidance on this issue.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic