icon

sq mid level car upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cjazzy4 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2012 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
I'm thinking about upgrading   my 1997 mercury grand marquis ls sound system.....I aiming for a mid level sq sound experience. I plan not to use the factory amp at all.
Will 6 1/2 speakers work in the front doors? will i have to modify?
Do i have the correct wiring harness for the pioneer avh-p4400bh to connect?
How extensive of a modification must be done to make the pioneer avh-p4400bh fit in the dash?
Will i have to install new wires for speakers to perform the best?
Do I need to consider a sound processor? which one?
Considering the following equipment.
1997 mercury grand marquis
sq audio ent. sys
head unit/assessories
pioneer avh-p4400bh
pioneer cd-iu51v
metra 95-5817 dbl din dash kit
metra 70-5600 wire harness
metra 82-5600 6x8 adaptors
speakers/amps
frt cdt hd-62 as comp. sys w/ imaging tweeters
rear   cdt hd 690cfx 6x9 coax.
spk amp cdt sqa 4075 4 ch amp
tsunami amp wiring kit w/ dist. block
tsunami interconnects
subs/mono amp
subs   
cdt    hd 1000 cf 10' sub
sealed box enclouser
(for tight....crisp....presision bass)
sub amp
kicker dx500.1 amp
tsunami amp wiring kit w/ dist. block
tsunami interconnects
*sound damping*
front doors and behind speakers
rear trunk lid....top deck ...(where sub enclosure sits)
behind lic tag
in sub box behind the subs
Charles
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
you will most likely have to trim the lip on the top and bottom of the hole where your radio sits now and maybe cut out some plastic from behind the dash. if there is a ac vent behind the radio then you might have to take a piece out of that too and cover the hole back up with duct tape so it doesnt leak but it flexes enough to let the radio slide back far enough to lock in.
you shouldnt have to modify the doors to get the 6.5's in there just make sure to check the clearance with the power window so you dont hit the speaker or cut a wire.
other than that everything looks good.
cjazzy4 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
thanks   for   the   info.....I wanted to know about speaker   wiring for the set up above   too......Will running new speaker   wire for all speakers be   needed? Will it    improve the sound quality?
Any   thought on sound processors/audio processors?
I have heard of the Audison Bit one.....but its a bit on the   pricey side....Are there some mid level processors you would recommend?
Charles
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
running new wires isnt really necessary but on my personal cars i like to do it just as an upgrade.
if possible i would skip the processor and put that extra money into a better radio with it all built in. i just switched to the new model jvc navigation and i cant say it was cheap but it was money well spent. built in 13 band equalizer AND digital time alignment are awesome tools when you are trying to setup an sq system. if you try to buy those features on external processors you will spend just as much plus having to find extra space to put those processors and the extra risk of unwanted noise as your system gets more complex. simple is always better.
cjazzy4 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks   for the info....after talking to   others and seeing this    reply that agree.....I think running   new   speaker wires the rca twisted kind.... maybe a tsunami or stinger... would make for a better signal flow then the factory wires can provide.
I'm I right about thinking this?
I wanted to clarify...I'm not really   interested in navigation on my deck....just wanted built in hd radio and built in bluetooth with dvd playback,ipod connection. Doulble din of course.
Charles
soundnsecurity 
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
well the better audio features are usually found on navigation units and once again you need to consider how much money you spend on external processors. its usually worth it just to upgrade your radio so you can have better features built in.
cjazzy4 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
I did   look at the jvc double din.....and   compared to the   reviews and testing one   out at Best Buy I was not really impressed   with the jvc.....pioneer avhp4400bh....has what i need
I    might   just have the   stuff installed and later if   I decided to add the   processor....if I feel its needed....I   added it later.
Charles
soundnsecurity 
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
yea i will admit that pioneer is pretty nice. it has a good built in equalizer so you really shouldnt need any external processors. the only thing that keeps me away from pioneer is thee widespread noise issues they all have. you have to be very careful when installing them. make sure you have everything grounded including your amplifiers before you plug in any rca's. to me that is a lot of money to pay for something that has a high probability of having unstoppable noise issues.
cjazzy4 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
I plan to have this professionally installed......I'm not going to do it myself.....it is to much to undertake....I figure if the pros don't do it right then they will be responsible for install and equipment.
Charles
soundnsecurity 
Posted: March 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
actually they will probably tell you that it was like that out of the box and to send it back to where you got it and hope they warranty it, which leaves you out of a radio for who knows how long. you wont be able to prove they did anything wrong. shops get very touchy when you bring in stuff from the internet to get installed. not trying to discourage you but thats just how it is.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic