the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

keep doors locked after remote starting?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dangfilms 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Hello. I just installed the Viper 5704 on my 2005 Buick Lacrosse. Everything is working great just one little thing I want to fix. When I remote start my car, the driver door unlocks. It's not a huge problem but I would rather keep the car locked when remote starting. Also, when disarming the system it will only unlock the driver door. I tried pushing the unlock button twice and setting the unlock pulse to double but nothing.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
What bypass module did you use? The bypass might have programmable options to address these issues.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
dangfilms 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I used the Fortin - INT-SL+ - GM Data Bus Interface Transponder Bypass Kit And Door Lock module.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
do you have the byass module connected d2d or do you have it in w2w. if you have it in d2d mode with viper, that is your problem. the fortin was not designed for d2d with viper unless it is flashed.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
dangfilms 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged  
I have it w2w. What if I connect the 2nd status wire directly to the lock wire at the BCM. Im thinking that once I remote start the car, it will unlock and then immediately lock because of the 2nd status output to the lock wire. Does that sound right?
As for the Viper only unlocking the driver door, what if I connect the 2nd unlock output to the BCM unlock wire that way when I push the disarm button twice, it will send another pulse to unlock the remainder of the locks. Hope that makes sense.
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  

You can use your (-) start wire with a diode to lock for it to relock the doors after remote start.

To unlock all doors,  go w2w and program unlock for double pulse.

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
did you accidentally set the system to unlock-start-relock? i use the int-sl all the time, and never has a vehicle unlocked during remote start. have you checked your w2w connections?
a huge common mistake is, many connect the starters arm/lock, and disarm/unlock together to the respectful bypass input. you are to only use lock and unlock. the bypass will take care of the disarm for you.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  

On some vehicles the only way to disarm is to unlock the doors.  If the bypass had a disarm only input (normally brown on the bypass, then your disarm will need to go to that instead of unlock). 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic