icon

dvd monitor color distortion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
antman1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
I will post pics and model numbers as I can.
I bought a 9.4 " XO Vision Roof Mounted TFT LCD Monitor Flip Down and had it installed by the recommended installer. After he installed it I got it home and had my kids look at it and they immediately told me the picture was weird. I looked at it a little closer and yes the colors look a little inverted or distorted and the monitor had wavy static lines when the engine was running. I took it back to the installer and he looked over it and fixed the wavy lines but said the monitor was defective because of the inverted colors. He sent the monitor back and they sent me a new one. I put the monitor back up like the installer had it using his same wiring and the new one is doing the same thing.
My DVD head unit is a Boss BV8850 Unit and works fine if I plug another Monitor in the unit directly. What are some things I can try to track this problem down? It seems the issue would be unlikely that it would be another defective Monitor. I will post a pic of what the monitor looks like after a while. Thanks in advance.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
It could be a problem in the wiring for the screen. If possible try new RCA cto ables run from the DVD player to the screen. Just run them loosely to test to se if you have a bad cable or connection. If that fails, test the video system's ground with a digital meter to verify it is good. Set the meter to 12 volts DC and measure from a known good ground point (clean and paint free area of the vehicle body) to the ground wire at the video screen. You should get a reading of 0.2 volts or less for a good ground.
sparky
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
ok I will check all that out.
Here is a pic of the DVD Head Unit:
dvd monitor color distortion -- posted image.
http://unmrkd.net/heavenlymodz/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/IMG_20120328_115003.jpg"
Here is a video of what it is doing. You will notice this is the movie Good Burger and there skin and other stuff is shinny and looks like it is glowing. Closest description I could say is it is like how a TV looks when you look at it from an angle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtvxG4XVj1s
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2012 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know were I can purchase the cable from this pic? Also is it possible for me to make this cable? I am very good at soldering.
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2012 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
I found a good set of Aux 3x RCA Wires.
**Update**
I connected a Xbox360 to the other input and the video looked the same. Here is a video of this:
http://youtu.be/N9wr7R8h3L8
I contacted the place I got the Flip Down Monitor from and they told me "Ok I see what your talking about.
SO that was the issue with the first one?
I wish someone would have told me that before.
That is not a monitor defect. Its just a low grade monitor.
You need to take a different video source say from another portable DVD player, or even a house dvd player of quality.
The monitor is not the best monitor in the world, and neither is the BOSS dvd player. When you don’t have hi fidelity video outputs, from the DVD player, the flesh tones can get overly saturated which is what your seeing. The monitor is not helping and neither is the DVD player. Try to connect the video outs of a hose dvd player into the rca video cables behind your radio, inless that monitor has direct video inputs"
I replied back and informed them that I did hook up another player (Xbox360) direct to it and had same issue. They offered to send it back out but mentioned that it is just a low grade monitor and recommended I might sell it and get another one.
What are some other things I can try?
antman1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2012 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
I am not really sure how to look for this problem because I am not sure what the problem is considered to be. Does anyone know what I would be looking for to repair this problem shown in the video below?
http://youtu.be/N9wr7R8h3L8 http://youtu.be/N9wr7R8h3L8

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic