icon

crimestopper rs7 and xpresskit ch all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
poppershea 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2012 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing a crimestopper rs7 and expresskit ch-all in a 2010 grand caravan. I have the ch-all installed and programed but the d2d wire does not match up between the ch-all and the rs7 So I am going to do a w2w install. I would like it if someone could look at the install manuals of the 2 and give me a run down of what wire goes to what wire and what wires I need to connect directly to the vehicle. Not sure if it is okok to post links but i will since they are freely downloadable and ditributed.
http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=7173&productid=448&firmwareid=1637
http://www.crimestopper.com/Templates/2009_manuals/RemoteStart/rs-1-3-4_ins.pdf
Thank you
poppershea 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2012 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
poppershea 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2012 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry to sound desperate, This will be my 3rd install but first wire to wire. I'm pretty sure I have it figured out but don't wanna get it wrong. If someone could please look it over that would be great. Thanks again.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,790
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2012 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  

RS7

12 Pin Low Current Plug

Yellow/White  Horn(-)   Caravan Dark GREEN/ Purple @ horn switch
Orange ARM(-) Not Used
Pink Wait to Start(-)       Not Used
Gray Hood Pin(-)          To hood pin switch    (CH-ALL Pink/Black - if Factory equipped)
Purple Brake(+) CH-ALL Orange
Green Satrt Act(-)          Not Used
RED / White Tach(AC)    CH-ALL Pink
Black Chassis Ground Caravan chassis ground
Brown Trunk(-) CH-ALL Yellow/Black    (unlocks with doors)
Yellow/Black IGN1(-)    CH-ALL Blue
White Parking Lights                 Caravan WHITE/ Purple in DKP   ***Set for (+)***
ORANGE / Black Disarm(-) Not Used

3 Pin Door Lock Plug

Blue Unlock(-) CH-ALL PURPLE / White
Red +12V         Not Used
Green Lock(-) CH-ALL Purple

6 Pin High Current

Red x 2 Caravan +12V constant Battery
Pink   Ign        CH-ALL Yellow
Brown Starter CH-ALL Light Blue/Black
Gray Accessory           Not Used
Pink/White Flex           Not Used

Soldering is fun!
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2012 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
To do w2w you just match up the wires listed on the CH-ALL to like wires on the crimestopper. So Trunk wire of the crimestopper to the trunk wire input wire of the CH-ALL
CHALL  Function     Crimestopper
Yellow/Black     Trunk        Brown
PURPLE / White     Unlock        Blue
Pink/Black     Hood Status     Gray
Lt Blue/Black    Start        Brown Thick Start wire
Yellow  Ignition     Pink Thick Ignition Wire
Purple Lock        Green
Orange Brake        Purple
Blue        (-)while Running   Yellow/Black
Pinktach        RED / white
On the crimestopper you only need to connect to the car: Ground, Both RED power wires and Parking lights.
Ground - to metal grounding point
Both 12 Volt wires - Usually there is a yellow/red Power wire in the kick area of Dodges. I haven't done a 2010 yet, but it used to be in a black plug with a white trim. It was next to the ebrake mechanism. TEST!
Parking lights - WHITE/ Purple (+) in the drivers kick panel, the harness running to the rear of the car. If the crimestopper has a jumper, make sure the jumper is set to positive. If your crimestopper has a RED / black wire with a 10amp fuse in it, it will need to be connected to the same place as the 2 red power wires.
Happy wiring,
Frank
poppershea 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2012 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome! Thanks for all the info guys. I will post back if I have any more questions and to let you guys know how it goes.
poppershea 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2012 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Soldered all the wires together today and installed the remote start in the van. Every thing went great! Not a single setback. Thank you very much Kreg, Frank, and 12volt.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,790
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2012 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  

Good job!   crimestopper rs7 and xpresskit ch all -- posted image.   Thanks for the update.  ( Soldering really is fun and W2W always works.) 

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic