icon

wiring xm in reg cab 09 tacoma

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rickdotfelt 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2012 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
First time/long time. I have a 2009 regular cab Tacoma that I want to add a factory XM kit to. I don't want to upgrade the head unit or buy a detachable xm unit because I like the clean look I have, and if I can do it factory I'd like to keep it that way. I've read the toyota instructions regarding install and there should be a wire taped up under the left kick panel that goes from the stereo to the kick panel, so the receiver (behind the seat) can be connected. I've taken the panel off a half dozen times to this point and haven't found what I'm looking for, but I also haven't seen exactly the shape, how many pins etc.
Facts:
-2009 Tacoma Regular Cab
-Toyota Factory Head unit, model AD1807 (with AM/SAT button)
-No wire coming down into kick panel to my knowledge
Questions:
-How many pins should this wire have, color of head, general shape etc.
-If it is not included, can this wire be acquired? Subquestion part number, where to buy etc
Any help would be appreciated.
ropuma 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2012 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
There is not  wires taped anywhere, you need to get behind the radio, there is one empty socket in the radio used for xm radios.
rickdotfelt 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you! By chance, do you know the part number for that wire? I've tried asking two local dealers and one online parts warehouse and none of them seem to know anything about the XM hookup process.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic