icon

2001 tahoe python 1401 unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rchadhaney 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
Okay guys several months ago I installed a Python 1401 into my 2001 Tahoe, after several hours and a lot of reading on here I finally got everything installed and working.......except one thing and I've just been living with it until now.
The keyless entry works great, except if I unlock the tahoe after its sat for a few minutes and it isn't running the factory alarm goes off, horn and lights flash. I can lock all I want, I can remote start the vehicle and then unlock with no problems.
I thought all I needed to do was hook a negative pulse (not sure which one on the python unit) to the light green wire on the BCM under the dash, is this correct? I'm looking for someone just to tell me what to do because I've given up on just trying to get it figured out on my own.
Thanks a bunch guys.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,791
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2012 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  

Don't have a Python 1401 Install guide handy but you are looking for a wire

similar to this :  LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-)    FACTORY DISARM     The color seems
to be consistent through the DEI line.

If it is the same as a Viper 5101, then this is the wire :

H2/1  LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK  (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT

As for the 2001 Tahoe :

Bulldog :

FACTORY ALARM DISARM    LT. GREEN (-)    @ BCM, PURPLE PLUG, PIN B3, SEE NOTE #3
 NOTE #3: The BCM is located BEHIND the DRIVERS SIDE of the DASH, with the Plugs facing
 towards the REAR of the Vehicle.

DEI :

Factory Alarm Disarm  lt. green (driver door key cylinder)  -  BCM, purple plug, pin B3

AudioVox : (with no other info supplied as to polarity or location)

Alarm Disarm   TAN

Omega :

OEM Alarm Disarm  LT GREEN (-)  AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVERS DASH

No relay required, just a direct connection between the Pythons' (-) Factory Disarm output

and the Tahoe's Light Green Factory Disarm wire.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic