icon

2003 trailblazer alarm upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
downsouthplaya 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  

I recently bought a 2003 Trailblazer LS that came with a keyless entry. During the install to my Viper 560XV remote start I noticed the keyless entry was a 211HF with some sort of Directed 9 pin module.

The Trailblazer does not have a chipped key. I noticed the power door locks do not work with the alarm. I dont know what the module is but im sure is some sort of passlock bypass module. The module has a 9 pin main harness with a 3 pin power door lock harness on the other side. There is also a red light on it.

I tried wiring it the same as the keyless entry but the keyless entry seems to have a built in door lock relay. The 560 doesn't.

Any assistance in getting my door locks to work would be awesome.

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
When the Trailblazer first came out the modules on the market did doorlocks only, but not the immobilizer. (There were similar models for the fullsize trucks (Silverado/Suburban, etc) and fullsize sedans (LeSabre, Bonneville, Deville/Seville).
And even though your Trailblazer uses a plain key, it still does indeed have GM's Passlock II immobilizer in the ignition switch.
So back when those cars first came out, and we wanted to install a remote start with keyless entry, we'd have to install three items: The remote starter, a doorlock module, and a Passlock module. Made a big mess and/or LOTS of bench-prep time to try to make it neater, but it worked.
Well, anyway, what else did you buy besides the Viper 560XV?
In any case, you have two options:
1: Remove everything that's in there, and buy a modern all-in-one module that will handle the doorlocks and Passlock bypass. This will make your job easier and cleaner/neater, but cost a little more.
2: Figure out the wiring issue with the doorlock module you have, AND do something else to deal with Passlock. You should be able to find some things using the search feature.
But to give you an idea: There are some modules on the market that do only Passlock (no doorlocks) and are a little cheaper than an all-in-one module, or if you're really adventurous you can try to make your own with just a relay and resistor, although that sometimes seems to be less reliable.
If I were you, I think I'd price out the two different options, and then try to calculate what your time is worth too. I don't want to try to decide for you, but you might find that just getting a new all-in-one module will save you enough time and hassle to be worth the extra cost.
P.S. Perhaps you might want to at least play around with the module you have to try to get the doorlocks part working, and then decide from there. It'd be a shame if you went out and bought a Passlock-only module, only to dig back in and then still have trouble with the locks.
Can you post a picture of the module? Or maybe a short description of each connector and each wire color?
downsouthplaya 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. After further studying, the module appears to be a 456lw.
Checking the install guide in the 211hv, it does have a built in door lock relay. The 87 and 87 input were grounded with the lock/unlock going into the module lock and unlock blue and green wires. The module had power, ground and data wires connected to the module.
I'm pretty sure I need a relay.
For the 560xv, I have nothing extra. With the information that I have the passlock, I'm sure ill need something else for the remote start to work. Any suggestions would be awesome.
downsouthplaya 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2012 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
These are actual pictures of the module
2003 trailblazer alarm upgrade - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic