icon

python 991 remote starts then dies

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cainon01 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Well not only did i let my thread title post misspelled but i managed to hook up my imi wires backwards on the xk05. Ugh, even checked em twice before. Thanks for the help in troubleshooting. Anybody know how to make the headlights turn off after remote starting and turning off by remote? I have the kind that you can leave the switch on but they will turn off a few seconds after closing the door. The factory fob use to do it after hitting the lock twice. 
noob
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  
The headlight wire is white, pin17 of a white 28 pin plug on the body ECU. You can use a timed aux directly to trigger them.
cainon01 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
The headlight wire is white, pin17 of a white 28 pin plug on the body ECU. You can use a timed aux directly to trigger them.
Thanks howie :)   will my door trigger being hooked to the delay circuit at the light under the dash mess with that? Feels like not hooking that to individual connections for each door will end up biting me in the behind.
noob
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2012 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
no
cainon01 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Sweet. Cant wait till im off work so i can do that and put my truck back together
noob
cainon01 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

i am now confused.  reading the descriptions of the aux outs and testing the wires doesnt add up to me. When i test the white wire you described it seems to be a lights on wire. Having a - polarity only when on. If i have the switch on and touch it with a ground nothing happens. If it is off and i touch it the lights come on. seems to be backwards of what im trying to accomplish. want the lights to turn off after i remote start then it times out or i decide to turn off the remote start. Am i just seeing this wrong?

noob
cainon01 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2012 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
Howie II, if you read this i got the headlight off thing to work. I ended up pulsing the driver door trigger wire ot the truck with the factory alarm rearm wire. Fools the truck into thinking  got out and wala they turn off. Thanks again for all your help. This was a great learning experience for me and helped me to remember some stuff i learned in my electronics class from high school (15 years ago lol). After reading more about the aux's i understand what you were telling me to do. Sometimes i just need to get confused to see the light. Im probably going to use an aux via relay to be able to turn on my headlights when i want em.
noob
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
Great and good luck in the future!.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic