icon

pioneer avic f500bt nav in 07 accord ex

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevesol 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2012 at 3:52 AM / IP Logged  
Hi, I could use some help installing a Pioneer AVIC-F500BT On-Dash Navigation System in my 2007 Honda Accord EX Sedan. As of right now I have already connected the Audio Output to the Honda's factory radio using the Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X Aux input adapter. For power I am using the DC 5V Vehicle power charger cable connected to my in-vehicle power port socket (a.k.a. Cigarette lighter). But I would like to power the F500BT with out using the Cigarette lighter socket. I believe (but I'm not certain) that I can use the Nav unit's Yellow Battery Cable for this purpose. The connection diagram (attached to this post) says "Be sure to connect this lead to terminal always supplied with power regardless of ignition switch position." My problem is that I just don't know where to connect this cable in my car. I have the tools and knowledge to get the dash and center console open but I don't have the knowledge to know where this Yellow Battery Cable would connect and could really use some help. Even if I did figure this out, would connecting this cable be an alternate way to power the Nav unit with out needing to connect it to my Cigarette lighter? Thanks in advance for any help anyone could provide.
pioneer avic f500bt nav in 07 accord ex -- posted image.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2012 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
The yellow lead just needs to be connected to a constant 12V+ source such as the positive terminal of the battery. You should be able to find other 12V+ sources in the vehicle besides the cigarette lighter, but you can always connect it to the battery (with the proper size fuse).
pioneer avic f500bt nav in 07 accord ex -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
stevesol 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2012 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:
The yellow lead just needs to be connected to a constant 12V+ source such as the positive terminal of the battery. You should be able to find other 12V+ sources in the vehicle besides the cigarette lighter, but you can always connect it to the battery (with the proper size fuse).
Thanks for the advise. Do you think it would be a good idea to tap into the white wire leading to the cigarette lighter?
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2012 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
If the white wire going to the cigarette lighter is a constant 12V+ source, then yes, that will work fine.
pioneer avic f500bt nav in 07 accord ex -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
stevesol 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2012 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:
If the white wire going to the cigarette lighter is a constant 12V+ source, then yes, that will work fine.
I'm sorry for my ignorance on this topic, but I'm a newbie to all of this. Could you please explain how I can test if the white wire is a constant 12V+ source? If there is a special tool I need, I can probably pick it up at my local Harbor Freight Tools store. Thanks. pioneer avic f500bt nav in 07 accord ex -- posted image.
the12volt 
Posted: May 01, 2012 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

Using a voltage meter (or in this particular case, you could use a test light), probe the white wire. If it shows 12V+ regardless of the position of the ignition switch, even while starting, then it is a constant 12V+ source.

stevesol 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2012 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:

Using a voltage meter (or in this particular case, you could use a test light), probe the white wire. If it shows 12V+ regardless of the position of the ignition switch, even while starting, then it is a constant 12V+ source.

Sounds like a plan. I actually think I already have a test light in my tool box so I should be all set. Thanks so much!
the12volt 
Posted: May 01, 2012 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
You're welcome.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic