sub rcas output combined as mono?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bad_dude 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2012 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Hello every one,
I got my sub and amps stolen out of my trunk so now I have to get my junk spares in place in the mean time while I search for a new job for a better setup.
I would like to list of what I have then I'll put in the questions after. I am going to list 2 subs but I would like to use just one, but the best one for this setup.
Here's the product list:
-One Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD. Lucky they didn't steal this unit, I had a card board black cover on it so the thief didn't see it.
-One Phoenix Gold Ryval V752.
-One 10" Phoenix-Gold-Ryval-V10D.
-One 12" Performance Technik ICBM-5512.
-One 10" sealed box.
For the 12" sub, if I could use listed above amp with the 12" sub, I am thinking of either this 12" Ported box or this 12" sealed box.
According to 12Volt I could use either or in this diagram.
Now with every thing listed, here are the questions:
1) The head unit has 2 separate RCAs output to the amp for subwoofer, are the 2 RCAs combined to give the single voice output to the amp so it won't damage the sub? The 2 RCAs are just for stronger voltage output?
2) I do not play my music at very loud volume. I usually turn the volume to no more than 26 on my Pioneer double din touch screen. For Pioneer, it usually comes on at volume 26 when first start up. The given doesn't seem to be at 2ohms stable but since I have no money nor room but for a single sub, could I run it at 2ohm? I ran this Kicker Impulse IX252 in parallel 2ohms for more than a year without any problem and it was less power.
Please give me advice what is the best way to setup of what I have. Being poor with limited options and now I have to wire in my alarm system which I haven't bought yet, it's giving me a big headache. I cannot decide which is the best quality and easiest to work with giving the little money I have. I have never install an alarm before and my stock wiring look scary under the dash. I have the wiring diagram for my car but still I would like to see pictures but I cannot find any DIY for my 90 Accord with pictures. Lucky the thief did not damage my car. Now I got to wire in some kill switches. I have a 90 Accord LX Sedan, I know the thieves love this car.
Thanks for the help guys.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2012 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
The subwoofer output is mono.  There may be two RCA outs, but they both carry the same signal.  Use one or the othre or both, it doesn't matter.
Support the12volt.com
bad_dude 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2012 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:
The subwoofer output is mono.  There may be two RCA outs, but they both carry the same signal.  Use one or the othre or both, it doesn't matter.
Thanks for the info.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic