icon

viper 5704 alarm, 06 corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
morgan18 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2012 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  
Can some explain to me how all this works on the new 5704 alarm. Unlike the previous models the 5704 has an external shock sensor and it has 2 sensor ports. Now port one has 3 pins and port 2 has 4 pins on the brain. I want to hook up the shock sensor and my 506t glass sensor. The 506t came with a wire harness that can connect 2 sensorrs. In the manual it states I can hook both of them and the shock sensor will report on one and zone and glass sensor on a different zone.
Q1: since sensor 1 has 3 pins my guess is only sensor 2 can utilize 2 zones correct?
Q2: does sensor 1 and 2 share zones?
Q3: The manual states that zone 4 can only be enabled with a bitwriter is that true?
Q4: am I better off running one sensor on port 1 and another on port 2?
Thanks
morgan18 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2012 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hopefully someone might know what is wrong. I installed a viper 5704 alarm into my 06 corolla. I took my time, all the wires are soldered and heat shrink tubing was used. While this is my first alarm install the concept at least on this car was super easy, I verified all the wires with a dmm like four times at the source and at the plug before it hooks up to the brain. I hooked up power to it and it lit up, and it seemed it was working great. Locks worked great and so did the horn. I went to reprogram the locks for 2nd pulse unlock only and it worked great. seemed very easy to program with the horn beeps at least to me. Also change the manual r/s mode to automatic to try out the r/s. I hit the r/s button on the remote and the car cranked but would not start. NOte: (I am using the pkall bypass and I have a clutch bypass via the starterd out wire to a relay). the cary cranked maybe 3 more times and then I turned off the command from the remote. Now this is where it gets weird. I tried started the car with the key and it would crank but not start either never happened before. Finally after like 5 tries it started however, something kicked in the brain and the starter was grinding. I shut the car down and it was still making some weird noise in the starter. I started freaking out so I unplugged the power from the brain. Still was doing it so I disconnected the r/s harness from the brain and finally it stopped. I reconnected everything back and now the brain does not work at all. Completely dead. I checked all the fuses. I even tried giving it a direct 12v wire to the pin itself and ground and nothing. I opened it up nothing looks burnt or anything. The control panel does not flash the blue light. Not sure what the heck could happen. Is this thing fried? any other way to test it? 
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2012 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  

Definitely sounds like something was burnt up. Where did you ground the unit? Some cars have a lot of metal dash structure that is actually not connected to the cars chassis at all. Sometimes you may even get a faint ground signal on these pieces of bare steel, but it is not good enough to carry the loads required.

Did you install your starter interupt? Are you sure those 2 wires are not backwards?

Something funny going on here. You obviously need a working remote starter, and a working car at this point to go any further.

This is why soldering before you are an expert is not always the best idea. You may end up with a permanent mistake in your car. Nothing wrong with poke, loop, and taping until things are verified in working order, then you can go back and solder if you wish.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2012 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Also was tach hard wired and learnt? i.e. programmed. The grinding sounds like tach not learned, also two ignition wires, both necessary.
morgan18 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2012 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys for the help. Turns out something went haywire with the brain. I put in a new brain and it's gravy, the remote start and everything. Fires right up. I ended up hard wiring the pkall instead of d2d. Possibly why it cranked but not start. Now what to do with the old brain
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2012 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  

morgan18 wrote:
Can some explain to me how all this works on the new 5704 alarm. Unlike the previous models the 5704 has an external shock sensor and it has 2 sensor ports. Now port one has 3 pins and port 2 has 4 pins on the brain.

ive just finished installing a 5704 in my brothers F350 and both sensor ports have four pins,both white in color. the only 3 pin port is opposite them and thats the bitwriter/smartstart port. ive used those two ports for shock sensor and proximity.

romanj 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

sorry to revive old thread...

my Viper 5704 has Sensor 1  with 3 pins, Sensor 2 4pins just like the OP mentioned.

I too want to make sure i wire this correctly, please advise. 

j-roman

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic