icon

volfenhag

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nefarius 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2003 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

i'm trying to find some manufacturer information about volfenhag.  if anyone has any information for me it would be much appreciated...

Thanks,

Errol

Street Styles

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2003 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
garbage...
dont waste your money...
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2003 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
I have never seen a website or any contact info on them. But like Big Purds said I would find a more reputable company.
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2003 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen them for sale in pawn shops and flea markets...utter garbage...have seen them hooked up in ppls cars and they sound like really quiet ass...
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  
you get what you pay for and these products, while they may appear to be a bargain, are very much garbage and are cheaply made and designed.
Lord_Kaos 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
Has anyone here that bad talks Volfenhag acutally used them? I personally have 2 12" and they so far have performed just fine and sound excellent. I have used Orion and Audiobahn in the past. I run both on a Cadence z9000 amp wired 2x400@2ohm and that configuration has been running stable with no distortion for over a year now. The box is a homegrown 3/4" MDF sealed box allowing 1 cu ft per sub.
I'll give you this, ANYTHING sounds like ass in a poorly designed system.
My bro also had them for a while (until theft), he had 4 in his car running 750 watts per and was hitting 158db or so.
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
Lord_Kaos I will come out as far as calling you a liar until you can prove that he was hitting 158db with Volfenhag subs...
I have installed them for people, pretty much letting them know exactly how poorly they were going to sound while doing it, and they have always lived up to their garbage name...I have cooked a pair of 12s with 1000W myself for a guy so he could get warranty on them...
I am by no means a n00b as far as car audio is concerned...I have hit 158.8db with a single sub setup with nothing really optimized in a box I built in 45 mins on the day of the comp...I know how to build boxes, and I always do the best I can for the customers which I install for...you can not tell me that your brother has hit 158 db with even 4 of these POS subs...I have seen them, used them, blown them...
like I said before, GARBAGE!!!
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2003 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Well said Big Purds
rharris19 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2003 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged  
One of my friends put 2 12's of their red subs, not sure if there is more than one series of their red subs, honestly there shouldn't be a series at all. He hooked them up and came to show me them and i thought something was wrong with them so he exchanged them. Nothing wrong, the subs were just pieces of crap. Makes me think of the awesome quality of houston acoustics, lol.
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2003 at 5:16 AM / IP Logged  
exactly
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic