Posted: June 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
I have two sentences for you.
Read my two signature lines.
hotairgypsy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
tony_g wrote:

ive forgotten about the switch a few times lol easy to overlook when your getting ready to test it for the first time

the 3 flashes is for low or no rpm.

wiring info for your year shows WHITE/ pink for tach at  pin 19 of bcm

up here in the wonderfull cold climate of canada i tend to use tach sensing over voltage as its more reliable in winter when the battery is less than optimal and it always starts first time.

have you connected the brains tach wire and learned tach?

I did hook up the hard line to the tach behind the cluster. I have been having a hard start problem with the truck anyways so the remote start crank time may be something i will adjust for it. I am just making sure all is functioning properly. I bought the truck not running and after a couple of weeks got it running. Well I live in NM and from my place to MEXICO is 4.5 hours. These trucks are popular to be stolen so wanted the alarm up and running right away. I actually installed two alarms in it. This python for all the noise and bells and whistles then I installed a Ravelco system and took out several critical components. So when both are being used this truck going no where unless towed or striped. As for the starting I have some great ideas on fixing it. a simple little switch. It is always the simple things which get ya. :) Will get ya all an update later today...thanks for all the guidance.
hotairgypsy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
One other thing i am not sure about is the pink/black wire. I do not know if this needs to be hooked up for my 99 F350 diesel yet. That is the only pink wire of the think ones not hooked up but I was going to test that after i get it started.
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2012 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

you shouldnt need the pink/black wire so dont have to worry about that one..

as youve got the tach connected then stick with tach sensing and the starter should handle the crank time o.k just use the wait to start or delay setting for the glow plug light

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic