icon

kicker cvrs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
loudnoise123 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
That is true, it kinda hard to do threw the Internet. Haha. Yeah That weird because yesterday I slide my subs out from under my seat and forgot I had left them out and they didn't bump at all then when they were under my seat they bumped. And with a box built to specs, and the right sub downfirw it should be golden. And yeah that sub is really shallow thats why I thought it would have a good chance at working with my install but ill have to do more research. I could most likely find a cheaper one.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
i would always go for a normal sub rather than a shallow sub if at all possible shallow subs arent known for their earth-shattering bass. but with anything as long as your box is a good match for the sub then it should be just fine.
loudnoise123 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I figured. I still I'm looking online for a sub that not shallow mount there ain't much but there gotta be something. So it's not so much the deepness of the box but airspace? Cause the box I would build would be more of a lengthy box instead of deep.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2012 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
yea the physical dimensions dont matter so much as the actual net airspace.
loudnoise123 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2012 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Okay cool do you know of any subs that are able to fit in a shallow mount but good for deep bass? I got that 1000 watt mono block hifonics amp would it push any sub?
soundnsecurity 
Posted: June 24, 2012 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
this is probably one of your best bets.
memphis shallow mount sub
the dual 4 ohm coils will match nicely with your amp. and it fits in your box. i was going to suggest the kicker CVT even though i cant stand kicker, but its even too deep to fit in your box.
loudnoise123 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i looked at the local shops for that sub and i couldnt find it...i mean how much more would i have to raise my seat to get a 12" confortably under that seat? from doing research most of the shallow subs are for non deep bass more of just a vibration, but thats just what ive heard.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: June 25, 2012 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
your box would have to be at least 6 inches deep because most regular subs are about 5 inches in mounting depth.
take a factory bolt out and go to the hardware store and fine a longer bolt with that same thread pattern. buy some flat iron and cut them to length and stack them until you get the height you need, drill holes for the bolt in each stack and bolt them in place.
if the seat isnt 100% solid after you do this then take them back out or you might be able to add extra bolts through the back of the cab for extra stability.
loudnoise123 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I did that with some metal square washers that I had raised it about an inch but not much I might even change it to metal plates and stack em like you were saying. I might be able to add another inch which would make it 6" where the tranny pops up and 7" where the deep spot is. So I could run a 5.25 depth sub, downfire with an inch of clear space from the floor. I did some research on the 1/2 to 3/4 mdf and alotta people say bracing would I run the brace length wise and would that cause less airspace?
soundnsecurity 
Posted: June 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  
for bracing just use a few 1" wooden dowels in the middle of the box from top to bottom and screw them in. 3 or 4 pieces should be enough and the airspace they would take up is very very small so i wouldnt worry about it at all.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic