icon

standard focus r/s issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
9222tyler 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2012 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
I am putting a remote stard in an 08 Focus with a standard trans. Everything is fine except the door pins. I can not get it to work in manual mode because it will not see door pins. I know ford door pins rest at 0 and are ground when open. do i have to diode isolate? and do i use positive or negative door input? the starter is a viper 5501. just cant figure out the doors. i have done a few standards before but the fords have these weird door pins. any help or diagrams out there?
Tyler
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2012 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Look in the Downloads/Manuals section for DEI tech tips on this subject, or some units not sure about yours can be programmed for open circuit door triggers, or obtain a DEI DTI-Mazda.
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM / IP Logged  
alternatively you can use the domelight trigger.according to 5501 install manual a pos or neg domelight signal on either of the two available door input wires will work.
recently did an f350 with strange door pins, rested at 12v then briefly pulsed to ground when door was opened then went back to 12v even with door open, negative trigger still worked fine with this for seeing door as being opened.
i have way too much time on my hands.....
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2012 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
Tony thanks for the reminder, on UK spec from 05 we went to the neg switched side of dome and trunk/hatch lights BUT dioded the constant 12V+ supply.
This assumes dome light turns off within 4 seconds of locking the vehicle.
tony_g 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2012 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
good old diodes,always keep a large supply for my tinkering needs,
i always prefer to stick to doorpins if i can, i find the two way keypad beeping to say a zone is active or not closed if its an alarm combo annoying. its a small niggle but i hate it i just like to know ive hit arm on the remote and its all armed instead of waiting for the domelight to go out which was nearly 20 seconds on the f350
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2012 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
Actually I totally agree, hence my last comment about the dome light time out. Now go to bed, I'm in the shower and out!
It's nearly 9:00am here.
tony_g 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2012 at 2:49 AM / IP Logged  
lol have a fun day at the office howie
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2012 at 2:57 AM / IP Logged  
Office? What's that?
Actually to clear up a point,US and UK Focus wiring grew away from each other from 2005, though now they are the same.
We are now on the fourth body shape not counting the UK RS models with the Volvo 5 cyl. turbo and unfortunately Volvo push button ignition, as shared with LandRover.
Just to confuse, LandRover Freelander, Mazda 5 and Volvo V50 were all Focus body clones with different electrics, engines and interiors.
tony_g 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2012 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  
the canadian market has not had the privelage of the rs version focus,i think its too much for them lol mind you the way some people drive out here i think thats a good thing,i keep telling the wife she wouldnt handle our uk roads and traffic plus most of our streets are so much narrower with parked cars on either side, it does put a worried look on her face when i tell her we should go back there and she can learn to drive properly lol
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2012 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged  
Strangely enough the only time my ex wife drove a stick was when we lived in Florida 30 years ago.
I've got to the point, even with air, power everything and auto AND a congestion pass, I won't drive in Central London by choice, I've got to go to Hampstead now, 8 miles, 40 minutes!
I'm in Borehamwood, I sometimes need to do jobs in Croydon, everything into a tote bag, 3 minutes to the Thameslink station, I'm there 45 mins. later, by car about 80 minutes.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic