icon

how to charge

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blocker7399 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2012 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
how to charge - Last Post -- posted image.i just recently done a fiberglass back dash for one of my customers 64 impala back dash wondering whats a fair pricehow to charge - Last Post -- posted image.
jshook 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
I dont know how much to charge but that is pretty awesome
blocker7399 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the compliment i was thinking somewhere around 650 to 700 is that to steep
bigjohnny 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know much about this but looking at it I would certainly expect to pay $600 or so for that work.
Given the cost of your materials and the amount of time taken to do the job, $600-$700 seems maybe a bit low.
Turn it around on the customer, ask them what they think the job is worth, if they lowball you go for your desired range ($600) if not you could en up getting $1200 or something with you going "omg this guy paid that much for it" and your client going "wow what a deal, I can't believe I got it for that cheap"
I had it happen with an old Pioneer stereo I had. Put it up for "make offer" expecting $30 or so. someone sent me an offer of $300
I jumped on it. :)
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
Be Honest... How many hours do you have in it...? If you are comfortable taking less than you have in it(Labor)... That's fine, but show the Customer the Savings(The hours of labor you didnt charge because he is a VIP Customerhow to charge - Last Post -- posted image.).. I'm sure you'll get a job or two from this one!how to charge - Last Post -- posted image.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
cdorman 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2012 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

You wanna be honest with this customer, a repeat customer is better then that one customer that was just a one jobber. It is a awesome job though, hope you get what you want out of it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic