which car alarm company supports diys?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bad_dude 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2012 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Hello every one,
I just bought an Autopage alarm and just wondering if they would warranty if I install it myself. I have read around and cannot really confirm which company would support some one who is not the so call "authorized dealer" who has no money to throw around for the a good labor install. Some one who could install their own alarm. I think Omega support the end user. Not sure which other company would support people like me. Now after talking to my friend who spent over $700 for a Viper 2 years ago and it never worked right and the lifetime warranty is not really a warranty if the installer keep jerking around and not wanting to totally fix it. So being mad as he was after having to disarm the alarm due to false alarm every 20 minutes, he broke down and paid $210 for a Scytek Astra 777 and he loved it b/c it worked. Did I tell you that his car got stolen 2 days after he disarmed it?
Thanks for any information that you could provide. After I install the Autopage, I am going buy another one for my wife's Corolla.
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2012 at 5:01 AM / IP Logged  
NONE. Not really for DIY use.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
None really support DIYers. The best thing to do us contact your local shops. Research them. Look at there web page, Facebook page, places page and reviews. Don't just look at the good reviews as most shops will have some bad ones as well. See how they handle them and then make your decision. Don't make your decision on a friends install or a friend of a friend. Do your research and make a decision. Your car is generally your second or even your largest purchase in your life. On newer vehicles integrating with them should not be taken lightly. Take it to a professional. It will be installed properly and faster than you could do it and should then carry your full warranty. Feel free to contact me and I may be able to help you locate a great shop to help you out.
Brad Marvin

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic