chaddaddy 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Set up:
Viper 5901 (Already Had)
Spal Door Lock kit (already Had)
Viper VS-250 (new)
I installed the alarm and door locks a year ago, worked great. Installed my smart start a week ago and now the door locks are dead. I have tried EVERYTHING. The wiring is right, In the correct port.
If the vipers lock (GREEN) wire is not hooked up, the door locks work great. If i connect the Vipers green wire to the Lock wire of the SPAL kit, Nothing. The door locks become completely dead, The switches won't even operate them. I disconnected the smart start and the problem still exists. I AM STUMPED!
chaddaddy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
Okay So I got the multi meter on it and i found that on viper lock wire (GREEN) it's pushing a constant 3.68 volts on lock. On unlock a constant .407 Could this be the problem? if the door lock system is a 3 wire negative then that very small .407 volts could stop all operations. So how to I fix this???? And why did it work before but now I'm dead in the water???
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
can you explain the wiring spal kit?  Did you add actuators to this car?  does it already have power locks and the spal kit was just keyless entry?  If you explain exactly what you have and what wiring you have, also year make and model of vehicle.  
Advanced
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried two one amp diodes on the lock and unlock trigger wire? Use the bands facing the alarm side of the wire.
chaddaddy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
It is a spal universal door lock kit. 3 wire positive. The truck is a 04 ford ranger. It came with no door locks at all. The spal kit came with the switches, actuators, wiring, and brain.
I put a 1amp 50V diode on the wire. It worked half of the job. The system is operational now (I can use the switches and stuff) but the alarm lock function still doesnt work. It's like the wire isn't pushing enough to trigger it. I tried a relay set up and the wire (green alarm trigger) wouldn't trigger the relay either.... That all said, any thoughts, we're half way solved.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2012 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
Did you diode both wires? I noticed you said wire and not wires.......so i'm just confirming before we move forward.
chaddaddy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2012 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the delay. Yes I did diode both wires. Same thing. The unlock works and the lock does not.
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2012 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
did you try using the GREEN / WHITE rearm wire from the viper to trigger your relay?
Advanced

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic