icon

scytek alarm works everywhere but home

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
duffmanaudio 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2012 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
About a week ago I noticed my scytek (galaxy 5000)does not work at my house anymore. I live next to a mechanic & across from the fire dept. The first thing I did was pull my car across the street to the fire dept & it worked. I was very surprised & swore it would be a tower or something they have there.
Now before I go talk to the mechanic I figured I would ask here to see if I can get some info.
Has anyone ever seen any king of mechanic shop equipment that blocks an am frequency? I haven't & I work at a car dealership were there is way more equipment. I've never ran into a problem like this in my 14 years of installing
Any info would be great
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2012 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, Random RF Interference can do it. Wi-Fi, Power Lines, ETC. I remember training some techs at a dealer on a pre-load alarm program. Unit didnt work, backed up 5 feet or so and worked fine. After a few hours, of course.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
yea i have a problem with my prestige alarms working at my shop where we have a lot of power lines by the road. the alarm will work fine inside the shop but will have horrible reception when they go outside the shop.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
Any airfields with radar nearby. Civilian radar works at 400mhz, the same as most alarms, also faulty microwaves to add to the list.
OP probably guessed right with the fire station, bet it's their coms mast.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
Possibly a final thought.
I went somewhere today and had to park 60ft. further down the road.
Every time I armed the alarm it triggered off immediately.
When I went to turn it off I noticed there was virtually no range to the remote, under 6 feet as against 300' normally (Clifford G4 with loads of extras).
I went on to other places, no problem since.
I was near a big hospital and either an ambulance service or a resident in an adjacent house (upmarket part of London) had a powerful transmitter.
duffmanaudio 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2012 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
I went away last weekend & when I got home my alarm worked. Right now there are guys working on the fire station towers & they said they were having some problems that probable caused rf interference.
Thanks for the input guys
Duffman

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic