icon

bass drops out when turning.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Edicius 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2012 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
My bass has started dropping out at seamingly random times. The only predictable time it does it is when I take a fairly sharp curve or turn. Sometimes it drops when not turning though.
Please help!!!
Rockford 500 watt punch
Power HX2 12"
2004 Accord
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
Can you be abit more specific on the "Bass dropping out". Is it still there but low volume, is it gone, totally...? Do you have a DMM? ...Maybe... Mr. I or Howie could sit in the trunk while manuvering around Sharp curves...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
Is your subwoofer and/or the amp sliding around in your trunk?  Have you gone over every single connection in the entire system checking for tightness?  Have you checked your system voltage to make sure it is not dropping too low?  Check these things first and let us know.
Support the12volt.com
Edicius 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
I think it's dropping out all the way. I'll try to notice more. It's not sliding around. I doubt it would be the voltage, as I keep it turned down really low because I have a two year old in the back seat 95% of the time. I'll try to check the connections, are there any that are more likely to get loose than others?
Anything else it could be? By DMM do you mean a digital multi-meter or does that stand for something else too?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 01, 2012 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
The wires that are most likley to get loose would be either the power, the ground, the remote, or a speaker wire. If it is none of them check the RCAs to make sure they are tight.
Make sure you check the ground, power, remote, speaker wires and RCAs on both ends.
Oh wait, that is all the wires, isn't it? Well, most likely, it is at least one of those!
Kevin Pierson
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2012 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
Where do you have it grounded at? It could be the your ground wire has come loose and driving makes the body of the car moving allowing it to not make good contact.
Brad Marvin
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2012 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
I had an old chevy s10 do that to me, it ended up being low on power steering fluid, which caused a strain on the engine when turning. Check the voltage at both the amp and battery connections, have someone turn the wheel lock to lock and see if the voltage fluctuates alot. worth a shot! bass drops out when turning. - Last Post -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic