piezo warn chirps set off glass sensor?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bad_dude 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hello every one.
My car is a 1990 Honda Accord LX sedan. The alarm I just got is the Crime Guard 750i6. This alarm system comes with a 9V battery backup which you could buy the rechargeable battery for also. The battery plugs in the brain internally with the lid cover. It comes with the dual shock sensor and a built in glass sensor in one. I want to get a proximity sensor, tilt sensor, with the piezo in cabin. The alarm brain has 2 ports for sensors. Crime Guard also has also sensor port expansion where you buy a module for $4 with diodes built in and you expand one port into 3 ports. Here are my questions:
1) I have read many posts stating that the warn away chirps from the internal piezo would trigger full alarm from the glass sensor. If that occurs, how do I wire it to avoid this problem? Is there a way to wire up the system so the warning chirps does not go to the mini siren also but only set off the mini siren when the main car battery is cut?
2) I have seen the Omega quick interconnect harnesses on some installs. Where can I get these harnesses?
3) Windows roll module, I have 4 doors so I'll need 2 modules. Which brand modules would roll up/down the windows at the same time? I know the Crime Guard one rolls one window at a time.
4) What's the best location to mount my shock/glass break sensor to be most effective?
5) The Crime Guard system comes with the 9V backup battery recommend replacement each year, they also have the rechargeable 9V. Should I go with DEI 520T for the 12V rechargeable or stick with the Crime Guard rechargeable? The price is just $12 for the Crime Guard battery should I go for both batteries installed?
6) For the alarm system, should I run a direct power cable to the battery like my amps with an additional fuse or should I cut into the ignition or internal fuse box?
Thanks for you help.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
1) Don't use the glass break.
2)?
3)DEI 530t
4) Flushed in to dash or on top of dash.
5) Up to you.
6)Ignition.
And again, why all of those sensors? You'll be up all night with false alarms.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
1) Don't use the glass break.
2)?
3)DEI 530t
4) Flushed in to dash or on top of dash.
5) Up to you.
6)Ignition.
And again, why all of those sensors? You'll be up all night with false alarms.
1) The glass break comes as part of the shock sensor. I guess I could turn it off. There has been quite a few glass break with center punches across the road lately. However, would you say that the warn away chirps could set of full trigger glass break sensor?
3) I have 4 doors then I should get 2 530T? Would I need 2 Aux channels to operate the 2 530T? All I really want to to roll the windows up and down, and vent during the summer.
4) Thanks.
Why all the sensors? I know you told me, but let me explain and you could tell me why not?
-The alarm come already with both shock and glass.
-Proximity, I want to set it so that any one nosy comes right up at my car and look in, then the system would warn them off.
-For the tilt, my friend just got his steelies jacked after his rims jacked before that within 2 weeks. I would like to at least get a page when my car is lifted for the wheels.
Advice on the voice modules, I love cool electronics, I am thinking about the voice module. What do you think? If I get it, I would like to have the option of turning it off and stay with the default alarm chirps once in while, could I some how wire a switch to turn it off when I want to? If yes how would you recommend to wire it? Would I place the switch at the constant power to the module? With the module installed, would the chirps and the voice go on that the same time?
Thanks.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Howard,
The battery backup for the Crime Guard system is only 9V, would it be enough to run the DEI 513T? I am not sure it got enough juice to make the piezo loud.
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
The reply would go something like you've made your choice stick with what that manufacturer supplies.
Too many sensors, they are literally interfering with each other.
You need 1 timed (about 10 seconds) aux or a GWA wire to close the two 530t's required and and 1 momentary aux to vent and or open.
Tilt sensors are notoriously false alarm prone.
For an adequate warn away all you need is a dual zone prox such as 508d.
As for voice warn away, enjoy. You will either get lots of falsies or non working.
By the way with the 530t you must go to the motor wires in the doors or at least between the switches and the doors.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
To be brutally honest all of the extra stuff your installing is going to give you so many headaches.
Just keep it simple because no one is going to tell you to "put this here..wire that this way".
And why do you even need a back-up battery siren?
Chuck one inside a wheel arch behind a headlight, another mini in dash, cheaper and more than adequate, also to answer the next question before you even think of it 2 sirens won't double your output, inverse square law, you need 4.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
You need 1 timed (about 10 seconds) aux or a GWA wire to close the two 530t's required and and 1 momentary aux to vent and or open.
Is there a link of location so I could read more on that? I have searched and most links are to demonstrate and not much on how this is done?
howie ll wrote:
Tilt sensors are notoriously false alarm prone.
Thanks. I'll leave that one off until I get new tires. Lol.
howie ll wrote:
As for voice warn away, enjoy. You will either get lots of falsies or non working.
I guess with bad wiring, it would cause it not to work?
howie ll wrote:
By the way with the 530t you must go to the motor wires in the doors or at least between the switches and the doors.
So that's 2 wires each door right? I would guess the location would be all in the driver's door since the control for all 4 windows are there?
Thanks.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
And why do you even need a back-up battery siren?
Wouldn't I want to keep the system active in case the thief cut the main car battery power?
howie ll wrote:
Chuck one inside a wheel arch behind a headlight, another mini in dash, cheaper and more than adequate, also to answer the next question before you even think of it 2 sirens won't double your output, inverse square law, you need 4.
ok. I'll keep it to one mini with a backup. When I install the mini siren, do I connect it to the same brown cable as the brain output to the other siren?
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
No, no, no!
Since you need to go to each window motor in each wire between the last switch and motor to make them work effectively ideally one each side kick panel.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2012 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
This is exactly what I meant by all these questions.
You have big ideas but you're 8 hours time wise behind me and as I said you're on your own.
The answer to your last question is yes. Now it's up to you.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic