icon

diodes isolation for voice and window.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bad_dude 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
First the car 1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan.
Diode Isolation
I have a few questions on how to diodes isolate the door/trunk/hood triggers and orange ground when arm.
Alarm wiring information. Crime Guard 750i6. The relay for the starter kill came already diode isolated. As alarm installed, the door and trunk/hood triggers are isolated with Diodes with the STRIPE AWAY from alarm brain, which means the STRIPE toward the trigger component.
1) Voice Module:
Let's start with orange ground when arm. Do I need to diode isolate the voice module? If yes with the stripe toward the voice module right?
Now the door and hood/trunk triggers. With the diodes already on with stripe toward triggers and away from the brain, do I need to put more diodes to isolate the voice module from the triggers? Stripe toward voice module right?
2) Window modules:
This one only concern with the orange when arm from the brain. Do I need another diode to isolate the window modules? If yes stripe toward modules right?
Thanks for the help guys. A diagram would be great with diodes showing. I know Howard is great with this, he helped me greatly. Alarm is all wires with harness plugs I got from the junkyard last holiday weekend. I just need to get the wiring for the voice and window modules ready so when the components come, I just plug them in, hide the brain and done.
benzo33 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I just added a voice module to my alarm, and I already had two window modules. You need to diode isolate the window modules and the voice module. Use In4004's. The stripe, cathode side, needs to face the alarm, so that negative output can reach the accessories. Otherwise, no signal will get through. Look at this link: https://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp. It also shows you door triggers and diodes. Hope this helps!

2001 Corolla S and 2005 Neon SRT 4 ACR.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
benzo33 wrote:

Hi, I just added a voice module to my alarm, and I already had two window modules. You need to diode isolate the window modules and the voice module. Use In4004's. The stripe, cathode side, needs to face the alarm, so that negative output can reach the accessories. Otherwise, no signal will get through. Look at this link: https://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp. It also shows you door triggers and diodes. Hope this helps!

When you say need to diode isolate the window modules and the voice module, which wire or wires are you isolating? Do you isolate the orange ground when arm or the door/trunk/hood trigger wires? Or isolate both types of wires?
So the stripes are toward the alarm brain and away from the accessories right?
Thanks.
benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  

You split the orange(GWA) wire into two and then put the In4004 diode, stripe side facing the alarm, in each accessory. As far as the door triggers, assuming you have negative door triggers, then you would need to diode isolate if the voice module has an input.

bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
benzo33 wrote:

You split the orange(GWA) wire into two and then put the In4004 diode, stripe side facing the alarm, in each accessory. As far as the door triggers, assuming you have negative door triggers, then you would need to diode isolate if the voice module has an input.

Thank you. So you need 2 diodes to prevent feed back from devices back to alarm brain.
benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2012 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. That is correct. You can get them at radio shack. They sell them by the pair.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2012 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
benzo33 wrote:
Yes. That is correct. You can get them at radio shack. They sell them by the pair.
Thanks. I have 60 of the 1N4004. I ordered 30 each time from China. I was worried it wouldn't get here fast enough. But they both got here within a week. I haven't use any yet but will. I hope they work.
Thanks.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2012 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
Another experience installer told me to put the diode with band toward the module so I was really confused. Until I thought that the brain is sending signal ground to the devices so negative switch goes from band toward anode. Thus that made sense, you don't want feed back from the devices back to the brain.
Thanks.
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
The brain isn't "sending" a ground.
If it sent a +ve voltage, then the band would be away from the brain.
But the brain is grounding the other circuits, ie, the circuits are supplying/sending voltage/current to the brain, hence the band is towards the brain.
bad_dude 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2012 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
oldspark wrote:
The brain isn't "sending" a ground.
If it sent a +ve voltage, then the band would be away from the brain.
But the brain is grounding the other circuits, ie, the circuits are supplying/sending voltage/current to the brain, hence the band is towards the brain.
I got it now. So this applies to both the window modules and the voice module right?
Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic