the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

remote start triggers factory alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
I installed an Avital 4103 with a DBALL bypass on a 2004 Dodge Durango SLT. I've done a few installs on Chryslers before and this one has me baffled. There are several posts in previous years about this but I couldn't find one that shows a working resolution.
When I remote start the Durango with the doors locked, the factory alarm goes off. If I remote start it with the doors unlocked, the alarm doesn't go off since the DBALL disarms the system with unlock.
Does anyone know a surefire way to do this? Something that has actually worked? Since there is no disarm wire, I've read about all different methods of getting it disarmed.
The keysense wire (violet/tan) is connected to the status output of the Avital and was triple checked with my meter.
On a side note, all the wiring info I found showed a 2nd Accessory pink/purple and I could not find that wire in the ignition harness. I don't think that has anything to do with the alarm issue but I could be wrong.
Thanks in advance!
gabedemelo 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
use idatalink, all the dei bypasses are garbage
GreenGables
shortcircuit161 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
I appreciate the response and I do prefer idatalink modules myself. Not sure what compelled me to buy the DBALL this time around but I am looking for a solution that someone has used that actually works.
I have no problem swapping the DBALL with idatalink because I have lost a lot of faith and belief in DEI products lately (especially their bypass modules), but again I need to make sure that is actually going to solve the issue.
Thanks again!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry, don't use the DB-ALL either, prefer iDatalink, but...

Did you follow the Type 5 Install diagram and connect the GWR signal to the vehicles Keysense wire?

DB-ALL w/ 401.Chrysler V4.04 guide date 20111128
According to DEI, disarm can be done with Ignition, bypass and Keysense.

Might have to do an "Unlock before and Lock after Remote Start" if that is an option on the Avital 4103.

Soldering is fun!
shortcircuit161 
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks kreg357, I did install it with Type 5 with the latest firmware. I tested the status output wire and connected it to keysense (-) and also tested the sequence of the remote starter (status, acc, ignition, start, etc). All seems correct. Not sure if missing the 2nd Accessory wire is causing an issue but I will double check again.
I did think about the unlock prior and lock after but unfortunately the 4103 doesn't have a pulse after start.
Thanks all for your help. Worse case, I will just swap the entire setup with Autopage or Compustar with idatalink.
I am very disgusted with DEI at this point. More problems than they are worth.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Use pulse before start to unlock and the negative starter wire to relock when it cranks...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
shortcircuit161 
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the tip!! I never thought of that. I will try it out tomorrow and update what happens!!
I am starting to see the importance of getting a remote starter that can do a pulse after start.
Thanks again!
shortcircuit161 
Posted: July 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
Update - It's working great now.
Thanks again for the tip Mike M2, I hooked it up with the Avital factory disarm to pulse the unlock wire prior to start and the negative 2nd starter wire to the lock wire (both diode isolated) and it works like a charm. Turns on like it should without the factory alarm screaming.
And on the Durango, the first lock pulse only unlocks the driver's door and in under 4 seconds it's already locked again. Too quick to notice.
Another happy customer and an even happier installer!!
Thanks everyone!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic