door power lock side effect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tinecidy627 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone,
I installed Viper 350HV on my 2000 Celica GT. The door auto lock works fine. However I found a problem: whenever I trigger the screen washing water( my English is bad, I'm not sure how to call this, but it's the one that splash detergents on the front windowshield), the door will unlock as well! Weird. Troubleshooting needed~
I double checked all the connections, it seems to be the door lock/unlock wire.
First, I found the power lock/unlock wire from driver's kick panel. There is the document:
http://alarmsellout.com/support/diagrams/vehicle/TOYOTA%20CELICA%201986-2004.pdf
When I checked carefully, the document says the wires are at the PASSANGER's kick panel, not DRIVER's. I'm not sure if this is the problem since the lock/unlock function works.
Second, Celica has (-) power lock/unlock wires. The Viper kit output is (-)Lock,(+)Unlock / (-)Unlock,(+)Lock, which I thought don't need any relays. Is that right? Do I need some DIODEs to isolate something, maybe?
Third, I REALLY didn't touch any wires related to the windshield wipers at all, I'm sure. So I'm totally confused about the weird linkage. Did this happen to anyone else before?
Many many thanks, guys. I really appreciate the help.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  

Audiovox has the following info for that vehicle.

WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION door power lock side effect -- posted image.
door power lock side effect -- posted image. Power Unlock YELLOW/BLACK (-) SWITCH IN CENTER CONSOLE
door power lock side effect -- posted image. PowerLock BROWN (-) SWITCH IN CENTER CONSOLE

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
X 2 with Mr. I, that's where I always did them, also yes, 2 x 1N4004 diodes bands towards the 350 on the lock and unlock wires.
Check your steering column connectors and your grounds.
The screen wash appears to be back feeding the 350 telling it the ignition has been turned off.
Euro versions of this car had a factory alarm plug (white) to the right of the fusebox/multifunction module in the centre console, door hood hatch triggers, 12V+, ground lock/unlock indicators and ignition were all on that plug.
tinecidy627 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
Since the screen wash is giving the alarm head a false signal of engine off, I think it may be the problem of my ignition wiring. My Celica has 1st and 2nd ignition wires, and I connected the alarm (+)ignition input to 2ND ignition wire, not the 1ST. Guess that may be the key?
Also BTW, need some knowledge about the ignition wires, am I supposed to connect the alarm to either of them, or both of them with relay stuff? Why are there more than one ignition wires, are they function the same way?
Thanks a lot!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
With an alarm, either.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
different ignition wires feed different functions of the car. some cars have up to 3 ignition wires, some even have 2 starter wires, etc. why do they do this? i have no idea.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2012 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
Splits the load (amps).
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2012 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
Splits the load (amps).

yea it just seems like they could find a more efficient way of doing things without so many ignitions and accessories. just seems like overkill sometimes.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
Mks I, II, and III Golf/Jetta/Rabbit had a thin black ign 1 wire going to the fuse box, then via a relay via fuses to all the engine start and run functions, starter motor, coil (back then) injectors, eng. management ECU etc. etc.
All aux functions, (unpowered on cranking), h/lights windows, wipers, heating etc. via ignition 2 so they wouldn't add to the load on starting.
For real confusion, try the latest Vauxhall/Opel Euro GM stuff with 4 green wires for all the wash/wipe headlights horn, indicators, single wire CAN system.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: July 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like fun
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic