icon

crime guard 750i6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bad_dude 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
85 Only use the "ground when armed (GWA)" from the alarm.
86 Ignition 1 only.
87a ground from main relay
30 Chassis ground
And if you really want to make noise if someone tries starting the car with the alarm armed, connect #87 to cars horn lead.
Diode 1N4004 across 85 and 86 with the band towards 86.
I read the idea from here. What do you guys think? Would that work well? Since the starter kill is common in all alarms, I think this one might slow the thief down a little more. If not even make him/her think harder. This would take more time to lose your car. Lol.
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 3:29 AM / IP Logged  
Your first configuration will give you a constant ground unless triggered assuming you can find the "main relay ground" in any vehicle...yes OK good luck and time wasted with that one then.
bad_dude 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, you are right, with the wiring above, a constant ground will be maintained unless the alarm is triggered.
The main relay is deep up behind the cruise control. For most Hondas it's the brown plug. It could be tested with listening to the fuel pump priming.
So why would you think it's a waste of time? Just wondering.
Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2012 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
Yet again I think I've answered this elsewhere but the whole point is that anything other than a starter cut is unsafe.
If you do ONE bad joint the car won't start.
With a starter cut that will be noticeable on starting the car.
With any others such as ignition fuel pump, engine management; they could all affect the car whilst moving.
I won't advise any one on the how to, it's that simple.
In fact in England, the latest Thatcham specs (the world's leading motor industry test place and any European/Australian alarm that is classed as a Cat 1 is GOOD*)only call for starter cut.
*The only units sold in the US which qualify (i.e. the same as their English equivalents) are the Clifford G5 950 and G5 Avant Guard 5.1.
G5 Clifford is old school and far and away better than just about anything on the US market than Compustar but you have to pay for it as you're going to find out.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic