the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

rockbox bass tube wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
How would it not give the effect he is looking for? It's a ROCKBOX.
Is that RIVERROCKBOX, or...?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2012 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
i am an idiot wrote:
How would it not give the effect he is looking for? It's a ROCKBOX.
Is that RIVERROCKBOX, or...?
That was my first thought... River Rocks(tm)... I had to look twice.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
olegyak 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
tommy... wrote:
That was my first thought... River Rocks(tm)... I had to look twice.
I am not really sure. Me and my dad bought 2 of them at some liquidation place 7-8 years ago and put them in our old minivan, but we never got the van running 100% so they've just been sitting. Now he wants me to take it to the scrap yard so i figure i'd put them in my truck. They sounded okay from what I remember.
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2012 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
history lesson: someone a while back made a comment about how he likes to put river rocks inside his subwoofer box to make it sound better and at that moment the "RockBox" was born signaling the end of humanity and reason. funny stuff really
olegyak 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2012 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Well I installed it last week and it sounds pretty decent but I am having an issue with my car alarm going off randomly after being parked for 5-6 hours. It started doing it a few days after installing the rockbox. Is it possible that it is not switching off and triggering my alarm system? I removed the fuse from the +12V wire and so far it hasnt gone off in 14 hours. Could I run a switched +12V instead?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2012 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  

olegyak wrote:
Well I installed it last week and it sounds pretty decent but I am having an issue with my car alarm going off randomly after being parked for 5-6 hours. It started doing it a few days after installing the rockbox. Is it possible that it is not switching off and triggering my alarm system? I removed the fuse from the +12V wire and so far it hasnt gone off in 14 hours. Could I run a switched +12V instead?

How did you power the thing?

Support the12volt.com
olegyak 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2012 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
I just ran a +12v from the battery and a ground. Then I tapped into my speaker wires that are running off a small amp.
What about running a relay on the power wire that is triggered by the remote wire coming off my speaker amplifier?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 03, 2012 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
If that amp does not have a remoter terminal, it does have circuitry inside to detect audio. It will turn off one minute after your radio quits producing sound. You do not need to put a relay.
olegyak 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2012 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:
If that amp does not have a remoter terminal, it does have circuitry inside to detect audio. It will turn off one minute after your radio quits producing sound. You do not need to put a relay.
That's what I was thinking but I don't know why my alarm keeps setting off with it hooked up.
Now that I think about it, when I pulled it out of the old van I noticed the power wire was ran through a toggle switch. I can't remember if we were just dumb when we installed it or possibly the instructions said to have it run through a switch. I will dig through my dad's house this weekend to try find the instruction manual but I think a relay would fix my issue with the alarm going off.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic