icon

2006 sierra 2500hd and clifford 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
leadfootcj7 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2012 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

I used to install alarms about 10 years ago.  Got out of that and was a dealer technician at a GM dealership for several years. 

I haven't installed alarms and such as regularly the last couple of years.  I am installing a Clifford 5704 in my 2006 Sierra. 

I have run into a few questions.

There is a White "Second Ignition" wire I am supposed to hook up.  I have not been able to locate this in my ignition harness as the wiring diagram states.  I have done a search and could not find much info on this.  Has anyone here run into this?

My second question relates to which ignition 2 output from the alarm I should hook this white wire up to.  I believe it should be H3/2, but I keep second guessing myself and thinking I am missing something.  Below is the wires in the ignition harness and what they should hook to.  Am I on the wrong track?

Clifford Harness                      ---                          Truck Harness

H3/1 - Pink (+) Ingnition 1 Input/Output ---  Pink Ignition Wire
H3/2 - RED / White (+) Fused 30A Ignition 2 / Flex Relay  Input 87 ----  White Second Ignition Wire  ??
H3/3 - Orange (+) Accessory Output ---  Orange Accessory Wire
H3/4 - Violet (+) Starter Output (Car Side of Starter Kill) ---  Yellow Starter Wire
H3/5 - Green (+) Starter Input (Key Side of Starter Kill) --- Yellow Starter Wire
H3/6 - Red (+) Fused (30A) Ignition 1 Input - Not used
H3/7 - Pink/White (+) Ignition 2 / Flex Relay Output --- White Second Ignition Wire  ??
H3/8 - Pink/Black (+) Flex Relay Input 87A Key side (if required) of Flex Relay) - Not used
H3/9 - RED / Black (+) Fused (30A) Accessory Starter Input --- Not Used

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2012 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  

look closer man, the white ignition 2 is probably small gauge not large gauge like the 12v or ignition 1 wire. also if you have a brown accessory wire you should also hook that up because i think that is what powers the AC and radio.

another thing you have to look out for in GM cars is the wire colors tend to fade over time so a wire that started out being white might be almost yellow by now. just be careful and test each wire before you hook it up.

the red and RED / white wire from the alarm both need to go to 12v constant not ignition. these are inputs to the alarm and during remote start that input gets sent through the other wires to activate the ignitions and accessory and starter. if you have more than one 12v constant wire in your truck then you should hook as many as you can instead of trying to feed the whole alarm from a single constant wire.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2012 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

X 2 with SoundnSecurity.  The White Ignition2 wire is usually thinner gauge

and very necessary.

Info from DEI :

Ign wire           Color         Location         Viper
12volts           red (40A) (+)     ignition harness         H3/2, H3/6 & H3/9
Starter            yellow (+)          ignition harness          cut - H3/4 & H3/5
Ignition           pink (+)             ignition harness          H3/1
Second Ignition        white (+)           ignition harness          H3/7
Accessory      orange (+)       ignition harness          H3/3
Second Accessory   brown (+)         ignition harness         extra relay controlled by
           H2/22 Orange (-)200mA Accessory

Check for a second Red or RED / White +12V power wire in the ignition harness and split the load.

That vehicle should have a Passlock2 immobilizer system.  You will need a bypass module.

A module like the DEI DLPKGM will make your life much easier.  

http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=125

Soldering is fun!
leadfootcj7 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2012 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

I do have the bypass module.  That has made this much simpler.  I did some searching on a diesel truck forum I am on and it seems some people think the white wire is something I will find over behind the dash fuse panel.  I think I found it.  I guess I will try it as it tests out correctly when probed and the fuse it feeds is an ignition fure.  If I get a CEL I will know that was not the right one.  I am hoping to finish this up tomorrow night before I have to leave town. 

Thanks for the quick responses. 

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2012 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a picture of a 2002 Silverado with the wires marked :

2006 sierra 2500hd and clifford 5704 -- posted image.

It was a gas V-8,1500 model so there could be some differences.

Soldering is fun!
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2012 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
dont assume you have the right wire and just hook something up to it, you should always test the wires to make sure you have the right wire. not sure if you know but an ignition turns on with the key and stays on while you crank the starter and an accessory is the same except it loses power during crank.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
RED / Black also needs to go to constant power.
See first post.
Otherwise forget about starting.
YET ONCE MORE, Connect both reds, RED / white and RED / black to a constant source.
leadfootcj7 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2012 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Got everything hooked up and the alarm works, but the remote start and turbo timer won't work.
The remote start diagnostic gives me 8 flashes of the LED the first time and 7 each time it repeats.
I have the neutral safety switch connected to a switch and that is on. I have used the programming menu to switch to automatic transmission mode.
I want to believe it is something sime and it being late is causing me to miss it.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: July 19, 2012 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
there is an actual neutral safety switch i think that comes wit a 2-pin plug and that needs to be plugged in to a spot on the alarm in addition to the neutral safety wire itself. neutral safety wire goes to ground and the switch gets plugged in and switched to "on".
leadfootcj7 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  

I just double checked my notes and checklist.  I did not hook up the wire.  I knew it was something simple.  Maybe I can take care of that tonight before I hit the road.  I am going to drinking a lot of coffee today after only getting 2 hours of sleep last night.

Thanks everyone for your help so far. 

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic