icon

momentary switch and cycled output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bow2evil 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
Ok my application is not auto based i really want to build a up\stop\down switch using a "4-Channel 433MHz Wireless RF Remote Control Kit (200m)" to control a large curtin. i want it to act like a garage door opener. my curtin can roll one direction and allow it to extend all the way down and then all the way up once its reached the bottom. i relize i will need limit switches. the motor is going to be out of a cheap drill so the motor will have a constant ground and two pos wires one forward one reverse. at the top there will be two limit switchs one for all the way up in forward, and one for all the way up in reverse. the power to the drill is yet to be determined as i dont know if im going to use and 120V or 6V-24V Drill but the idea stays the same in ether application. only one positive wire can be on at a time or the motor will burn up. this is what im thinking of doing anyway should be cheap and low maintenance. but if any of you have a better idea i would love to hear it ive thought about using a stepper motor or gear-head motor but i would have to incorporate a speed control as-well
btw i was thinking of using one momentary switched output from the "4-Channel 433MHz Wireless RF Remote Control Kit (200m)" thank you
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Actuator Control
Momentary to Latched
Those two diagrams should give you an idea of how to control the direction of the motor, and how to convert a momentary output to a latched output. The limit switches would need to be wired accordingly to break the latched output, and then the latched output would have to be reset. Depending on the motor, it may be possible to provide a "switched" input that would reset the latch when the power to the motor is removed upon reaching its limit.
Another option that might cost a few $$ more but make things simpler is using a PAC TR-7 Datasheet #15 would simplify some of the system, pulsed to timed output. Install the limit switches, and then set your timed output to slightly greater then the amount of time necessary to fully open/close.
There are cheaper, 2-channel kits available for the remote. 2-Channel RF Unless this is for home theater, then go with the 4-channel so you can turn on your popcorn maker remotely too.
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2012 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

momentary switch and cycled output -- posted image.

You could mount a Magnet on the curtains,

and use Reed Switches for your stop switches instead of Micro Switches.

John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
hotwaterwizard 
Silver - Posts: 1,350
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2012 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  

Okay

Here is what I came up with after a few hours of Thought.

And a Few Beers.

momentary switch and cycled output -- posted image.

John DeRosa (Hotwaterwizard)
Stockton California
When in doubt, try it out !
bow2evil 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2012 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you all for your help im still doing some research but will let you know how it goes thankyou

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic