the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 xterra and 2012 gmc sierra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Installing two remote starters one in a 2010 Nissan Xterra and a 2012 Gmc Sierra.. Using Viper 4103v starters. Looking for recommendations on bypass modules for these two vehicles... Thanks for your time!!!!!!
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
The Nissan I would bury a key in, the Sierra I would use a idatalink module on. I have not had much luck with recent 2000+ nissan data transponder vehicles (except the new push start models). I ALWAYS end up hardwiring and burying a key after wasting precious time trying to get a module to program.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2012 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
racerjames76 wrote:
The Nissan I would bury a key in, the Sierra I would use a idatalink module on. I have not had much luck with recent 2000+ nissan data transponder vehicles (except the new push start models). I ALWAYS end up hardwiring and burying a key after wasting precious time trying to get a module to program.
i use the FLCAN from flashlogic in my 2011 nissan frontier. never had a single problem with it installing it or using it. although its not the easiest install in the world because of how many wires you need to find and tap into, ive used this same bypass on a ton of different cars with no problems. the FLCAN might even do your GMC too.
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2012 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
I dont know if it is just me but I can never get the flash logic modules to work on a nissan standard key. Period. I have wasted so much time trying to figure that one out. I don't know. Yes the FLCAN will work well on the Sierra as well.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2012 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
i have to be very careful not to get wires mixed up when i install this bypass because a lot of the colors are similar to wires that you need from the car and it can be easy to get things mixed up. i usually draw myself a wire to wire connection chart to use while im installing it. you need the CAN high and low wires, the Tx and Rx from the transponder ring, AND the security light interrupt, that is the only way it will program successfully for all features.
ziggyb222 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2012 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  
Since I am using the Viper DEI...was wondering about the DBALL on the Nissan Xterra????? Any thoughts?????
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
on the gmc nust bury a blank uncut key, ign, acc power, ground DO NOT need the starter 2nd ign thru resistors, super easy truck to do, the nissan id use an flcan( audiovox) idata link piece very easy and reliable
ziggyb222 
Posted: August 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
Locks at the BCM pink/blk and ORANGE / black ????? This in not a loaded truck...
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
at the bcm or the left side of the dash under that removable panel, there is also a lt blue wire neg dr door unlock only, only there is no disarm wire for factory alarm so if he locks doors with your alarm it will disarm under remote start but not when unlocking doors
i do a lot of the chevy version of this truck and have never had a factory alarm issue though im guessing most people here dont lock doors with door open ( thank goodness lol)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic