icon

2008 honda element viper 5701

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
adamread 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
This is probably a usual post for here, but, I jumped into this alarm/rs install thinking everything would be good. And now i'm hating life. Please help me.
So I've got the alarm installed and somewhat working. I can arm/disarm, and the alarm goes off if one of the doors is opened when it's armed. So half-win. Also, the trunk pin trigger is not hooked up yet, and it doesn't lock/unlock the doors when it arms/disarms, but I'm okay figuring that basic type stuff out.
Problems. Remote start; when the valet switch (metal toggle switch) is in the ON position, the remote start indicates green, before failing to turn the engine over.
When the valet switch is OFF, the remote start gives a red error immed and flashes 8 times for Neutral Safety Wire, which i've connected to ground.
Also, when I program functions, i don't get a confirmation when releasing the button on the control center thing. (Looks like a remote, has blue light, one button etc).
Can anybody tell me which wires on the heavy guage harness I need hooked up, and to what type of feed, always hot, key on hot, cranking hot, etc. I'm confused by the instruction lingo.
I'm paying next time.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  

Viper 5701 H3 to 2008 Honda Element main ignition switch harness

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT   BLACK / YELLOW @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
H3/2 RED / WHITE FLEX RELAY +12V INPUT (30A)      WHITE (+)  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT    BLACK/ Red  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)     BLACK/ White  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS ( cut )
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)         BLACK/ White  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS ( cut )
H3/6 RED IGNITION 1 +12V INPUT (30A FUSED)    WHITE (+)  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (30) FLEX RELAY OUTPUT          WHITE/ Red @  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS     ***
H3/8 PINK/BLACK (87a) FLEX RELAY INPUT            Not Used
H3/9 RED / BLACK ACC/STARTER RELAY +12V IN (30A)     WHITE (+)  @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS

Here is a picture from an Acura.  The only difference is the Black Starter wire instead of BLACK/ White on your car.

2008 honda element viper 5701 -- posted image.

*** Program Viper for Flex Relay = Acc2 ( Menu 3, Item 8, Option 2 )

Assuming auto trans, did you program Viper to auto trans ( Menu 3, Item 1, Option 2 )

Did you get / install a transponder bypass module?

Soldering is fun!
adamread 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2012 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Well I'm a moron. I had only 5 of the 9 wires on that harness hooked up. Thanks for that printout, if you have access to that, can you give me the printout for the whole schebang?
I've got a iDataLink transponder module that was apparently flashed by the electronics store I bought it at.
When I try to program the functions, and go back to check them after, it seems they are always back to the default setting, is there supposed to be an audible chirp when I let go of the button? I've tried changing a few functions, such as my hood pin is normally closed, etc.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

If you mean a print out of all the Viper to Element connections, there isn't such a thing.  I cut and pasted the H3 harness from the Viper install guide and looked up the Element info from Bulldog Security and DEI, then just typed in the connections.  Here are links to Bulldog Security and DEI

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/vehiclewiringdiagrams.asp

http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp

There are many possibilities of ADS iDatalink modules and firmwares that are suitable for your vehicle.  Which module and firmware did you get?  Some only do the transponder while others will do that plus the locks and alarm.

I use the BitWriter to program DEI products and really can't help too much with doing it via the remotes.   The install guide does explain the process plus there have been some prior posts concerning it.  A search should turn up some good info.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic