icon

remote start not working on viper 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drmix 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
So I got everything figured out with the remote start the only issue I am having is that my 520t backup battery is tied to the trunk/instant trigger input. Nothing else is connected there. When I arm the car normally it arms just fine and doesnt alarm but when I try to do the remote start it cranks for a second then starts alarming saying trunk. What could be causing this? I have the trunk set as factory which is normally open.
fxdwg 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2014 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
I have the same problem with the 520t battery backup, as it will work perfectly as should, but the blue - to alarm ends up getting a very brief signal from the BBU in the first second or so of remote start. I was hoping to find a capacitor or cap/diode inline with the blue trip wire, but haven't found a way yet,, any help anyone?
I will be using a relay powered by the violet / YELLOW, pin 21 of the alarm to power said relay to interrupt this annoying little signal. Violet / YELLOW is a 200ma - starter output that will only ground this external relay settup while remote start is cranking. It seems the voltage to the 520t drops just enough to trip the blue wire, just briefly,,while cranking the starter, with older car batteries????? As all of my wiring is plenty heavy, all soldered, and no weak connections, so IMO,,, the 520t should have a delay built into it. *someone with more pull should contact DEI, as my voice wont be heard,,LMA
I also isolated the parking lights from the brain/alam with an external relay, as the little .8 ah battery will not run parking lights for anymore than about a minute,( sorta defeats the purpose to have a 1 minute BBU, huh?
Try a relay on the violet / YELLOW 200ma - starter wire on an external relay for the blue trip wire, it should work fine as a delay to solve your problem. I have a viper 5706, and a lot of alarms will have this pin,possibly labelled different?
Gears and wires
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic