icon

2004 dodge ram rs idatalink

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
benzo33 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I am preparing to install a remote start on a 2004 dodge ram hemi 1500. I am using an Autopage RS 603 with the idatalink ads alsl ch6 bypass. How would I wire the relays for the 2nd accessory and the 3rd ignition as the 3rd accessory? I looked under the dash and found 3 pink / YELLOW wires, as well as the dark blue, which is the accessory 1. I was reading that if you connect the parking light output to the WHITE/ gray wire, you don't need to use a relay. The parking lights will flash but not the dash lights. Also, would I need to connect the keysense wire to the GWR directly or via a relay? Any feedback would be appreciated...
2001 Corolla S and 2005 Neon SRT 4 ACR.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

Here is one way to do it.

Buy four 30/40 Amp SPDT relays,  three fuse holders, three 20 Amp fuses and a 270 ohm resistor.

For the three accessory wires, use three relays as follows :

Relay 1

Pin 85 to Chassis Ground
Pin 86 to RS603 Brown Acc output
Pin 87 thru fuse to +12V constant
Pin 30 to Ram ACC1
Pin 87A not used - insulate

Relay 2

Pin 85 to Chassis Ground
Pin 30 to Ram ACC2

Relay 3

Pin 85 to Chassis Ground
Pin 30 to Ram ACC3

This will provide three isolated ACC outputs and leave the GWR free to be used for the ADS AL CA

bypass module.  No need for the Keysense wire connection.

Use another relay for the Parking Lights as follows :

Parking Light Relay

Pin 86 to RS603 White Parking Light(+)
Pin 85 to Chassis Ground
Pin 87 thru 270 Ohm resistor to Chassis Ground
Pin 30 to Ram WHITE/ Light Green at headlight switch
Pin 87A not used

Soldering is fun!
benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I read in here that you can use spst relays in place of spdt if 87a is not used. Also, I am using the d2d connection for ads alsl ch. So you are saying that I cannot direcly connect the autopage brown acc to the ram's acc 1? Just checking. The 603 has blue/black acc 2 -200mA output and yellow ign 3 -200mA output. Could I use those to connect to pin 86 instead? Or would they need to be wired differently? Different size fuses?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2012 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, while the Bosch style SPDT relay is more common and available, you could use SPST relays.

I am not too familiar with the AutoPage units but believe they are iDatalink D2D compatible.

Yes, you definitely could use the RS603 Blue/Black (-) 200mA ACC2 wire to save a relay and directly

connect the RS603 Brown ACC1 wire to the truck.  There truly are many ways to get 3 isolated
accessory outputs.  Here is another using the RS603's ACC2 (-) wire.

RS603 Brown ACC1 to Ram ACC1.

ACC Relay 1

Pin 85 to RS603 Blue/Black ACC2
Pin 86 and 87 thru fuse to +12V constant
Pin 30 to Ram ACC2

ACC Relay 2

Pin 85 to RS603 Blue/Black ACC2
Pin 86 and 87 thru fuse to +12V constant
Pin 30 to Ram ACC3

( For relay wiring, convention dictates that Pin 85 be (-) and Pin 86 be (+).  This is really

important with relays that have an internal, coil quenching, diode.)

Using the RS603's ING3 output to control an ACC relay could cause problems.  First, ING3 comes on

4 seconds before the ACC1 (+) or ACC2 (-) outputs.  Second, the IGN3 does not drop out during engine
cranking.  These accessory circuits would be energized and drawing prower during this critical
period.  That being said, if one of the ACC circuits only supplies very non-essential items, like
the power windows, you could use IGN3.

Depending on the RAM ACC wire current needs, the relay fuse size can be changed as appropriate.

Soldering is fun!
benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
Ok so I need to diode isolate the acc2 blue/black for each relay, and if so do I use 1n4001 or 1n4004, band towards r/s?
benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2012 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
OK, I got the remote starter installed and working. The bypass contols the door locks and alarm. However, I must have connected the wrong pink / YELLOW acc wire because the a/c compressor does not come one, neither does the radio. Is there another wire besides pink / YELLOW that I may have missed?
kreg357 
Posted: September 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

First verify that the ACC relays are outputting a 12V signal as an accessory circuit.

Next use a DMM to verify / locate the correct ignition wires.

Did you get an ABS error light?

The Dark Blue runs the Heat A/C controls.  Below info from DEI :

Accessory       dk. blue and pink / YELLOW (16 AWG)  +         ignition harness   

Second Accessory     pink / YELLOW (14 AWG)  +      ignition harness

Soldering is fun!
benzo33 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2012 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
No error light. So I would split the acc wire from the r/s to power both the dark blue and pink / YELLOW(16 AWG)? Do I need a relay?
kreg357 
Posted: September 14, 2012 at 6:34 AM / IP Logged  
There is conflicting information from the wiring guide sources on this truck.  Some indicate that trucks with Auto Climate control will require powering
multiple Accessory circuits.  You should download the info from this site, Bulldog, Ready Remote and Audiovox.  Compare those to your truck and use
a Digital Multi Meter to verify all wires.  Sometimes there will be two wires coming from the same pin in the ignition connector, so connecting one R/S
output wire of adequate capacity to both of those wires would be acceptable because electrically they are identical ( no relays or diodes needed ).
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic