icon

2008 toyota tacoma.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
schmoo 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
I need your help.  Put an autostart 2461 tw with a fortin key override all bypass.into this 08. Now the problem is that if  I try to start the key quickly it starts then stalls out.  If I leave the key in the ignition position for a sec or two, it will fire up normally.  The check engine light is on and the codes point to a MAF sensor and O2 sensor codes.  I removed the bypass  thinking the problem was there but no change in the outcome.  Has anyone come across something like this before.  Friend is now saying the truck will not shift into overdrive now.   Any help is appreciated.  I have done many toyotas before and have never seen anything like this. 
a true canadian eh!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like maybe a Harness did not get plugged back in fully or at all.
But, if the Tranny just started not shifting and was not present from the beginning... Might be something else. I would completely remove the System and Pay close attention to what is around the Area you were Working...Might be something simple. Clear codes after writing them down and see where you're at... I had something Similar, but it was on a Subaru...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
check your connections. if you used T-taps then you could have a broken wire because i know toyota uses very thin wire even in the ignition harness. even if you soldered the connections there is a possibility that a wire has been burned through by the soldering iron. basically it sounds like something is not getting power so you just need to find out what it is. you should test for voltage before and after each connection and if you find a connection that has a voltage drop then that should be the problem.
schmoo 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

Well after racking my brain, found the issue.   Friend asked me to remove old handsfree kit. power was run to fuse box under hood(why?).  Took out fuse and got called away from the job.  Forgot to reseat fuse and wouldn't you know it, it was for part of the EFI system.  Replaced fuse and starting issue is gone.  Hahaha, what a basic mistake.

a true canadian eh!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2012 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
2008 toyota tacoma. -- posted image. ... Thats ALWAYS good news... Glad you got it...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic