the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 vw passat remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
I just finished up my first 2008 VW Passat remote start. I originally took it because it appeared to be 'easy' with the compustar blade-al bypass. And in reality, it really wasn't bad at all. The only thing that gave me issue was the immobilizer. The bypass directions said to wrap the key 5-6 times but that did not work. I ended up having to wrap it almost 20 times and it worked great. By what I've found online, I was very lucky to not deactivate the keys during the failed attempts. But I did make sure to start the vehicle with the key after every single failed attempt to keep from having multiple failures and any lock-out.
One quick question I have though is with the factory arm / lock. It seems like if the vehicle sits for any period of time over a minute or so, the lights will flash on lock, but the doors don't lock. If I unlock then lock again it seems to work (the bypass activates the ignition momentarily along with the immobilizer for factory disarm). or if I open the door then lock it also works. Has anyone run into this before? Is it as simple as the module going to sleep and requiring a pulse on the door???
Thanks in advance.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
Not being a smart arse Kenny because I don't know enough but could you have used something like the valet key as in BMW and Audi in a 556U?
I have a sneaky suspicion that if you used a regular key with lock unlock facilities it's still "communicating" with the car.
That's why I always say use only the valet key on BMW.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
I thought about that, but what they called the 'valet' key was just another full size key. But both keys had the removable plastic key from the fob which I believe is the key to the glove-box, which basically makes the valet key nothing different than the normal key.. you just remove that plastic key from the main fob when giving it to the valet. Also, I'm pretty sure it's not an issue with communicating because I can lock it no problem within that given time, its only after waiting a minute or 2 (didn't really test or time anything) that it doesn't seem to lock / arm. The customer didn't seem to be bothered by it, so it should be ok. But if he does come back about it, is there any reason I couldn't pulse the driver door before lock / arm. And what would be the best way to go about it? The car will not lock/arm with the door open, so the door trigger input would have to show closed before sending the actual lock signal...
I tried using the 556uw and that was a no go... the key was way too big so I had to wrap it. I tested it many times and everything was good (once I got all the wraps).
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
arixcustom 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
HI, Which inmobilizer u guys use the idatalink or the xpresskit one...  not sure which one should i used ADS  or DEI
Arix Custom
Owner/Technician
Boston
offroadzj 
Posted: December 08, 2012 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
There is no immobilizer bypass for this car. They will all only do security features (locks, trunk, etc). The only immobilizer option is a key in a box (556uw) or key wrap.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
arixcustom 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
my bad i meant module for the security lock, trunk etc.. thru can-bus
Arix Custom
Owner/Technician
Boston
arixcustom 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
I did it this weekend it took a while end up using the ADS-AL-CA..
work perfect and of course the 556U. thanks
Arix Custom
Owner/Technician
Boston
graywire 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2014 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
Hello, I am doing a 07 passat and I have read in the wire diagram that I just have to connect 12 volt, starter and ignition 1. Does this car have ignition 2, accessory (at least one)?.
Also DLPK will handle the immobilizer or just the door and security system? I will probably need an extra key and wire loop around the ignition cylinder right?
The DLPK has a port for a wire loop, do I still need to hide a key inside the box? I haven't opened one before.
Millenium Chevy Impala.
graywire 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2014 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
A question for offroadzj: how do you do the key wrapping? I have a 556uw and antena loop but the key is too big it does not fit in any box, any help will be appreciated
Millenium Chevy Impala.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic