icon

old guy getting whipped by '12 camry lock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
regal1975 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2012 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a long time ago and figured I could help a friend out with a remote start alarm. It is a basic avital 5103 in a base model 2012 camry 4dr 4cyl. It has no remote locks.
AFAIK everything is wired correctly. I have shot all wires, and all appears good. However the locks are giving me hell. The alarm is working fine, but the power door lock switch inside will not unlock. If I disconnect the unlock wire from the alarm it will work again.
Also, there was no bypass listed for this and on looking at it, it appears to have the old loop of wire around the ignition switch going on. I'm assuming I can use the old trick with a relay and several loops of wire around a working key and around the ignition switch. Is this correct?
Thanks for helping out an old guy. Haven't installed professionally in about 6 or 7 years and I can tell a lot has changed.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Did you use the lock / unlock wires or the arm / disarm wires? If using the arm / disarm wires(which I would suggest), it requires a double pulse for unlock. The old relay and 22awg wire bypass should work fine for that car.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2012 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  
https://directechs.com/timages/pl_26280.jpg
Also, test the Outputs on the 5103(DOOR LOCKS) just to be sure those are operating correctly... You can do the Key Wrap Method, but universal boxes/key coffins are pretty cheap. This pic should help out...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2012 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't done a 2012 Camry yet, but usually on Toyota's you use the wires coming for the outside key cylinder for locks, not the wires coming for the Door lock rocker switch on the door panel. Toyota's unlock will stop working on the door panel after a certain time period, where the key cylinder wires will always work. Using the picture that Tommy provides use the Factory arm wire for lock and factory disarm wire for unlock. These wires are coming from that outside drivers door key cylinder. Set your 5103 to "double pulse unlock" The first pulse unlocks the drivers door, second pulse unlocks the rest. Also, these wires will still be in the car and function for doorlocks even if the car is a base unit without factory alarm. And... You are connecting the 5103 green and blue doorlock wires to them, NOT the 5103 arm and disarm wires. The 5103 arm and disarm wires will not be used.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic