viper 4103 pkall and odyssey 04

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
kwise wrote:
yes I did verify the Van has Factory Security . After all it's my own personal Van :).
Thanks for your help .
In this Industry/Field you sure would be surprised what customers Know/Don't Know... Glad you are almost there...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
kwise 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2012 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Still no luck . If I leave the key either in the ignition key or right next to the steering column ,the engine fires up. Could the issue be with the chip encryption 40 bit vs 80 bit . I came cross couple of posts.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=124991&tpn=1&PN=1
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=126618&DIR=P&fid=3
PKAll module should simplify the process not make things more challenging and cumbersome.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2012 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
Should be on the 40 bit side. You can buy a key coffin... 10 minutes and you're done. Im looking at the Install Manual... What is the LED doing on the bypass? Since the PKALL is JUST doing the Immobilizer, in this situation, it is the harder of the 2 options. If it is doing other functions...IE- Door Locks, Tach, ETC then it is usually the "Easier" way to go. You will have to surrender a key for the 556U/Key Coffin.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
kwise 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2012 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
How is the key Coffin process works ?
Thanks,
kwise 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2012 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
I read this thread about "Key Coffin"
http://www.audizine.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-467903.html
kwise 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
Should I have the Pkall unit flashed ( I rally only care about remote start feature only).
Here is the info from the back of the PkAll D2D Bypass
Hardware Vr:2
Software Vr: 4.06
D/C: 11H
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  

The Hardware and Software versions of the PKALL are OK for the 2004 Honda Odyssey.   The PKALL comes flashed from the factory.

A "key in the box" bypass module, like the DEI 556U, takes the keys chip info ( from a key placed inside the box ) and transfers it to the cars'  transponder system thru an antenna ring placed around the cars ignition switch antenna.  The box is only active during a remote start.  At all other times, an actual key must be used to start the vehicle.

Sure sound like your problem is with the PKALL, being as it remote starts fine while a working key is held near the ignition switch.   There could be many possibilities.

1.  The PKALL is bad.  -  Possible but not too likely.

2.  The PKALL is not connected properly to the remote starter.  -  Still would like post of wiring connections.

3.  The PKALL is not connected properly to the vehicle.  -    Still would like post of wiring connections.

4.  The PKALL is not programmed correctly to the vehicle.  -  Did the PKALL follow the 11 Step Programming exactly?

5.  The remote start is not sending a GWR signal to the PKALL.  -   Still would like post of wiring connections.  PKALL GWR input from Viper 4103 (-) 200mA Status Output.  Verify this happens during remote start with a DMM.

Just some thoughts to assist...

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic