icon

door lock wiring on 2005 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dmac442 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
I bought a Crimestopper CS-871RKE keyless entry system.  Truck is a 2-door base model Silverado.  Some instructions say I need an interface that pulses into data messages.  Also have information that says interface module is not necessary and I can hook up directly to BCM.  Can anyone tell me which is correct?  If interface is needed, what would be the part number and where can I get it?
Thanks,
Dave M
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
I believe this was answered on another post recently.
Power Lock Wire     use interface module (except base models)
Power Unlock Wire (see lock wire)           
ON BASE MODELS, THE POWER LOCK WIRE IS LT. BLUE (-)
THE POWER UNLOCK WIRE IS WHITE (-)
AT THE BCM, LT. BLUE PLUG, PINS B5 and B10.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a note from DEI on your truck :

ON BASE MODELS, THE POWER LOCK & UNLOCK WIRES ARE LT. BLUE & WHITE (-) AT THE BCM, LT. BLUE PLUG, PINS B5 and B10.

Should be easy enough to locate, verify and test with a Digital Multi Meter.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2012 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

Answers in Stereo!!!    door lock wiring on 2005 silverado -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
dmac442 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2012 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your quick response, I'm a little slow getting back.  I took your advice & checked the blue plug on the BCM.  My truck has only 4 wires running to the B side pins, they are as follows:

pin B3 - off white

pin B6 - gray with black tracer

pin B7 - black with gray tracer

pin B9 - blue with white tracer

Hope you're not as confused by this as I am.  Any input would be appreciated.  Could the wires be a different color or in one of the other plugs?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Dave M
shortcircuit161 
Silver - Posts: 556
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2012 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
If the wires mentioned aren't there, you will need the data module to control them.
It's interesting, Directwire shows the colors as blue and white at the BCM, but Audiovox states that truck needs the data module for the locks to work.
The other option would be to run relays direct to each door's actuator wires. Search the downloads section for "DEI TechTips 1601"
dmac442 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2012 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
Again, thanks for the quick response.  I would prefer the data module as opposed to cutting wires and splicing.  Can anyone suggest a part number for the module and a place to purchase it?
Thanks,
Dave M
kreg357 
Posted: October 09, 2012 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  

One suggestion is the Fortin INT-SL+ module.  There are several online sources for this module.  Try a

search on "buy Fortin INT-SL+".  Cost is under $50.  Here is link to the Fortin site for info on the
INT-SL+  :  https://ifar.ca/en/products/flash/int-sl%2B/

While this module is designed as a bypass module for a remote starter system, it can be used just as a

Door Lock module and also control the Parking Lights.  Here is a link to the install guide :
https://ifar.ca/download/3966/preview.html

Follow the Connection 3 - Without Data-Link wiring.  In your case you will only need to connect Lock,

Unlock, Parking Lights, Ignition and OBD2 Data on Connector2.  Connector 1 gets just +12V and Ground
( Plan 2 ).

Actually, you could upgrade to a remote start with keyless entry system and have warm truck in the winter

and a cool truck in the summer.  Just have to get the R/S system ( like the RS3-G4 instead of the CS871 )
and connect a few more wires ( and maybe a relay )...  door lock wiring on 2005 silverado -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
dmac442 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks again for your help.  I've ordered the INT-SL+ data module, but it's taking it forever to get delivered.  Hopefully that will fix the problem. 

Thanks,
Dave M
kreg357 
Posted: October 13, 2012 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  

Just a quick correction from my last post, a typo, sorry..

While it is the same for your install, you should follow the Connection 2 wiring ( not the Connection 3 wiring stated above ).

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic