icon

hummer h2/cm3000 troubleshoot

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
doh2nnie 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2012 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  

When I try to autostart my Hummer, it will start for 5 seconds, shut down restart for 5 seconds, shutdown and restart for 5 seconds. while this is going on the lights flash and factory horn sounds. Can anybody give me some insight as to what to look for to fix this. Local dealers only want to replace whole system. i bought this truck used and am unsure of who originally installed it. It is an 2005 automatic H2.

Thanks

donnie
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like the factory alarm is going off. try unlocking doors with factory fob and then start.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2012 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  
Do you know what bypass was used? The non=starting could also be the immobilizer. But the horn and lights is definitely factory alarm.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
doh2nnie 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
unfortunatly I don't have the factory fob.
donnie
doh2nnie 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
It is a datalimk! ADS-DL(16)  I pushed the prog. button while checking for it. Hope that doesn't affect it.
donnie
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2012 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

Think I would try to re-learn the Tach Signal on the CM3000 first.  Here are the steps :

Learning Tach/Injector Wire: Start the vehicle with the manual key and let the engine idle down. The next step
is to press the black tachometer button. The car siren will chirp once to confirm the tach was learned. If the
siren chirps 3 times, you have the wrong tach wire
. ( It the Tach signal is supposed to come from the ADS DL and
for some reason it isn't then...)

With the Alarm also going off it's probably the bypass module.

You might also try a Factory Reset on the ADS DL bypass module.  Before doing this, verify the wiring shown in the

install guide matches  ( and is still well connected ) to what you have between the modules and truck.  After the Factory
Reset, set the Installation Mode to Standard ( Two Blinks ) and lock it in.  Then program to the trunk.  It is all
described in the ADS DL GM1 install guide.  Here is a link  :  http://www.idatalink.com/support/get-install-guide/guide_id/6628  
Page 9 has the Factory Reset procedure and Page 8 has the Install Mode and Program procedures.

Soldering is fun!
doh2nnie 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  

I have reset the cm3000 however not the datalink. I will try this this today.

Thanks

donnie

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic